According to sources a powerful earthquake has rocked the popular Indonesian holiday island of Lombok, killing at least 91 people, injuring hundreds of others and damaging thousands of houses. Meanwhile it’s believed no Australians have been injured in the quake and the magnitude 7 tremor struck just 10 km underground about 6.46 pm Jakarta time.
Reports added it was followed by two lights to moderate secondary quakes and nearly two dozen aftershocks. Moreover Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has arrived in Bali, and says consular staff is being sent to Lombok to assess the damage and assist Australians who might need help. Indonesian National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesperson Sutopo Purwo Nugroho has posted images of evacuations in the Gili islands where there are an estimated 1000 domestic and foreign tourists.
Furthermore the latest quake, which triggered a
brief tsunami warning, damaged buildings as far away as Bali’s Denpasar,
including a department store and the airport terminal. Authorities say that rescue
officials said much of the damage had hit Lombok’s main city of Mataram, far
from the main tourist spots on the south and west of the island. Moreover based
on reports from West Nusa Tenggara’s disaster mitigation agency, 65 people died
in North Lombok, nine in West Lombok, two in Central Lombok, four in Mataram,
and two in East Lombok. Most of the victims died because they were hit by
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?