According to sources a powerful earthquake has rocked the popular Indonesian holiday island of Lombok, killing at least 91 people, injuring hundreds of others and damaging thousands of houses. Meanwhile it’s believed no Australians have been injured in the quake and the magnitude 7 tremor struck just 10 km underground about 6.46 pm Jakarta time.
Reports added it was followed by two lights to moderate secondary quakes and nearly two dozen aftershocks. Moreover Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has arrived in Bali, and says consular staff is being sent to Lombok to assess the damage and assist Australians who might need help. Indonesian National Disaster Mitigation Agency spokesperson Sutopo Purwo Nugroho has posted images of evacuations in the Gili islands where there are an estimated 1000 domestic and foreign tourists.
Furthermore the latest quake, which triggered a
brief tsunami warning, damaged buildings as far away as Bali’s Denpasar,
including a department store and the airport terminal. Authorities say that rescue
officials said much of the damage had hit Lombok’s main city of Mataram, far
from the main tourist spots on the south and west of the island. Moreover based
on reports from West Nusa Tenggara’s disaster mitigation agency, 65 people died
in North Lombok, nine in West Lombok, two in Central Lombok, four in Mataram,
and two in East Lombok. Most of the victims died because they were hit by
Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. The party took many buildings on lease in Hyderabad and Vijayawada for its operations two years ago. While the party has decided to continue its central office in Madhapur, it has decided to shut down some buildings in other places.
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!