The vice president of India and the speaker of Rajya Sabha, Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha will be held on August 9. The tenure of the earlier deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha, Kurien Joseph had ended by July 1, and since then, the Rajya Sabha deputy chairman post has been vacant.
Hence speaker Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of rajya sabha will be held on August 9, and the filing of nominations can be made on August 8.kurien Joseph, from Kerala had been the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha from August 21, 2012, and his tenure had ended last month itself.
Besides being the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha, it must be noted that Kurien Joseph had been lok sabha MP twice in his political career. Now with the announcement of the date of elections for rajya sabha deputy chairman selection, the question has risen on AIADMK fielding it's candidate for the post. When ADMK leader and Tamilnadu deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam was questioned on the same, he had responded that it will be decided soon by the party High commitee.
E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season As per report with major e-commerce festive season sales coming to a close, the industry has generated sales of around Rs 15,000 crore ($2.3 billion), according to RedSeer Consulting’s estimates. Meanwhile this is a 64% growth over last year, where e-commerce companies clocked sales worth $1.4 billion.
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump