The vice president of India and the speaker of Rajya Sabha, Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha will be held on August 9. The tenure of the earlier deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha, Kurien Joseph had ended by July 1, and since then, the Rajya Sabha deputy chairman post has been vacant.
Hence speaker Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of rajya sabha will be held on August 9, and the filing of nominations can be made on August 8.kurien Joseph, from Kerala had been the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha from August 21, 2012, and his tenure had ended last month itself.
Besides being the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha, it must be noted that Kurien Joseph had been lok sabha MP twice in his political career. Now with the announcement of the date of elections for rajya sabha deputy chairman selection, the question has risen on AIADMK fielding it's candidate for the post. When ADMK leader and Tamilnadu deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam was questioned on the same, he had responded that it will be decided soon by the party High commitee.
History Maker: Dilip Sanghvi - Founder the Sun Pharmaceuticals Accordingly, Dilip Sanghvi is an Indian billionaire businessman and one of the country's richest people and he founded Sun Pharmaceuticals. Reportedly the Government of India awarded him the civilian honor of the Padma Shri in 2016.
- Woman gets depressed as she finds her husband is already father of 47 Children !!!
- Elephant causes rampage in Kerala!
- First Lesbian Cricketing Pair in the History of Cricket
- Reason how Sadhvi Pragya got ticket!
- Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!