The vice president of India and the speaker of Rajya Sabha, Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha will be held on August 9. The tenure of the earlier deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha, Kurien Joseph had ended by July 1, and since then, the Rajya Sabha deputy chairman post has been vacant.
Hence speaker Venkiah Naidu has announced that the elections for deputy chairman of rajya sabha will be held on August 9, and the filing of nominations can be made on August 8.kurien Joseph, from Kerala had been the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha from August 21, 2012, and his tenure had ended last month itself.
Besides being the deputy chairman of Rajya sabha, it must be noted that Kurien Joseph had been lok sabha MP twice in his political career. Now with the announcement of the date of elections for rajya sabha deputy chairman selection, the question has risen on AIADMK fielding it's candidate for the post. When ADMK leader and Tamilnadu deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam was questioned on the same, he had responded that it will be decided soon by the party High commitee.
Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon? As per report it was stated that some fans are with the mind that as they happen to be Pawan Kalyan's fan, they have to take potshots at the opponents all the time. Meanwhile rather limiting that quality to themselves, they have now asked even the Janasena president to do the same.
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!