According to sources shortly after ‘Aadi Perukku’ festival on Friday, when hundreds of devotees had thronged the Noyyal River in Perur and made offerings to the water body as per traditional customs, a city based NGO cleaned up the mess left behind by the festivities on Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile the NGO, ‘Kovai Kulangal Padhukaapu Amaippu’ took note that the river was polluted and without wasting any time swung into action to clean the water body.
Furthermore as many as 50 volunteers gathered at 6 am and began cleaning the river at Perur and it’s surrounding areas in a day long effort. The NGO organizer R Manikandan said “As many as 50,000 people visited the place on the stated auspicious day and made a variety of offerings that included a mix of plastic, apparels, food delicacies among others. Meanwhile a few of them even left food items in the area that surrounds the water body and also along the flight of stairs that ends in the river and it is painful to see that food prepared at home was left in the open and run over by vehicles”.
Moreover the team of volunteers who were involved in the clean-up activity
removed two tonnes of plastics, several items and accessories used in
performing rituals, besides two tonnes of leftover food. Manikandan said “The
following week when ‘Aadi Ammavasai’ is observed, we hope devotees do not
pollute the water body and additionally, it would be nice if the panchayat
lends a helping hand”.
Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment? Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump has expressed concern that he could be impeached when Democrats take over the House and saw it as a "real possibility", but Trump isn't certain it would happen. Accordingly a separate source close to the White House told that aides inside the West Wing believe "the only issue that may stick" in the impeachment process is the campaign
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states