New Delhi sources stated that Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday called upon startups to develop technologies and weapons for the Indian armed forces. Sitharaman told startups in this tech hub “We (Ministry of Defense) want you to provide Indian solutions to problems faced by the armed forces and by in-digenization, India doesn't need to import many of the products that we do".
She said "India wants its sectors disrupted through technological advancements," at the launch of "Defense India Startup Challenge", a national contest for startups to develop arms and technologies for the defense sector. Meanwhile the minister added the “Indigenization has been a priority for India, however, we did not indigenize sufficiently enough", further addressing a gathering of 200 startups, incubators and defense officials at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Convention Centre in the city centre.
Moreover through the contest, startups, small and medium sized enterprises
(SMEs) and individual researchers and academic institutions can take part in 11
different categories of creating technologies and products that can be used by
the armed forces. An official statement said “The contest is in line with the
Innovations for Defense Excellence (IDEX) scheme announced by Prime Minister
Narendra Modi earlier in April during Defense Expo in Chennai, to promote
innovation and entrepreneurship in defense sector”.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?