New Delhi sources stated that Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday called upon startups to develop technologies and weapons for the Indian armed forces. Sitharaman told startups in this tech hub “We (Ministry of Defense) want you to provide Indian solutions to problems faced by the armed forces and by in-digenization, India doesn't need to import many of the products that we do".
She said "India wants its sectors disrupted through technological advancements," at the launch of "Defense India Startup Challenge", a national contest for startups to develop arms and technologies for the defense sector. Meanwhile the minister added the “Indigenization has been a priority for India, however, we did not indigenize sufficiently enough", further addressing a gathering of 200 startups, incubators and defense officials at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Convention Centre in the city centre.
Moreover through the contest, startups, small and medium sized enterprises
(SMEs) and individual researchers and academic institutions can take part in 11
different categories of creating technologies and products that can be used by
the armed forces. An official statement said “The contest is in line with the
Innovations for Defense Excellence (IDEX) scheme announced by Prime Minister
Narendra Modi earlier in April during Defense Expo in Chennai, to promote
innovation and entrepreneurship in defense sector”.
Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana? According to sources it was stated that Revanth Reddy has conceded the defeat of Congress and Praja Kutami in the Telangana elections. Meanwhile he said the defeat hasn't let down Congress party and Revanth said the party would take both victory and defeat in same stride. He said the responsibility of Congress has doubled and the leaders would fight for the people.
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing