New Delhi sources stated that Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday called upon startups to develop technologies and weapons for the Indian armed forces. Sitharaman told startups in this tech hub “We (Ministry of Defense) want you to provide Indian solutions to problems faced by the armed forces and by in-digenization, India doesn't need to import many of the products that we do".
She said "India wants its sectors disrupted through technological advancements," at the launch of "Defense India Startup Challenge", a national contest for startups to develop arms and technologies for the defense sector. Meanwhile the minister added the “Indigenization has been a priority for India, however, we did not indigenize sufficiently enough", further addressing a gathering of 200 startups, incubators and defense officials at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Convention Centre in the city centre.
Moreover through the contest, startups, small and medium sized enterprises
(SMEs) and individual researchers and academic institutions can take part in 11
different categories of creating technologies and products that can be used by
the armed forces. An official statement said “The contest is in line with the
Innovations for Defense Excellence (IDEX) scheme announced by Prime Minister
Narendra Modi earlier in April during Defense Expo in Chennai, to promote
innovation and entrepreneurship in defense sector”.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!