New Delhi sources stated that Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday called upon startups to develop technologies and weapons for the Indian armed forces. Sitharaman told startups in this tech hub “We (Ministry of Defense) want you to provide Indian solutions to problems faced by the armed forces and by in-digenization, India doesn't need to import many of the products that we do".
She said "India wants its sectors disrupted through technological advancements," at the launch of "Defense India Startup Challenge", a national contest for startups to develop arms and technologies for the defense sector. Meanwhile the minister added the “Indigenization has been a priority for India, however, we did not indigenize sufficiently enough", further addressing a gathering of 200 startups, incubators and defense officials at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Convention Centre in the city centre.
Moreover through the contest, startups, small and medium sized enterprises
(SMEs) and individual researchers and academic institutions can take part in 11
different categories of creating technologies and products that can be used by
the armed forces. An official statement said “The contest is in line with the
Innovations for Defense Excellence (IDEX) scheme announced by Prime Minister
Narendra Modi earlier in April during Defense Expo in Chennai, to promote
innovation and entrepreneurship in defense sector”.
Women should enter Sabarimala says Suriya's father Actor Sivakumar has said that no one can stop women coming into Sabarimala Ayyappan temple. Following the supreme court verdict, the situation has changed that women can enter the Sabarimala Ayyappan temple. However, after severe protests by some pro-Hindu outfits and BJP groups, the condition is that women are still unable to enter Ayyappan temple.
- Wrong Phone Call leads to marriage between 15 year old boy and 60 year old woman
- Is Kamal splitting DMK - Congress?
- BJP tryies to increase saffron footprint across India
- Rahul's Telangana tour became huge success
- Telangana, Chattisgarh & Mizoram Assembly Polls list released by BJP
- CEC makes a visit to Hyderabad to look after polling arrangements
- Train Ticket Discount is announced finally
- 76% of Swiss Voters approves on Nationwide Ban on Face coverings
- Facebook sets a War Room to reduce spreadability of potentially harmful content
- US make efforts to ban Iran's oil exports..
- India to stop getting Petrol from Iran?
- Tekkali plunged into darkness as Cyclone Titli destroyed power supply lines
- Thieves attack youngster
- KCR getting closer to BJP ?
- Why Dileep resigned from AMMA organization?