According to sources devotees, including a large number of women thronged the temples since morning to offer prayers to the Hindu goddess of power Mahankali or Kali. Meanwhile attired in their best, women queued up at the temples to offer 'Bonalu', which consists of cooked rice, jaggery, and curd and turmeric water, carried in steel and clay pots on their heads. Furthermore the devotees believe that the annual festival will ward off evil and usher in peace.
Moreover the main celebrations were held at Mahankali Temple Lal Darwaza and the historic Akkanna Madanna temple at Hari Bowli in Shah Ali Banda. Furthermore on behalf of the Telangana government, Cabinet Ministers Indra Karan Reddy and T. Srinivas Yadav made offerings of silk clothes at the Mahankali Temple. Accordingly Congress leader Jana Reddy, former MP and actress Vijayashanti, Telangana Jana Samithi founder Kodandaram were among other prominent personalities who participated in the festivities at the temples in the old city and this is the fifth year of Bonalu being celebrated as a state festival for which the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) government released Rs 15 crore.
Recently various government departments made all
the necessary arrangements for the devotees visiting the temples, including
facilities for drinking water, sanitation, roads and uninterrupted power supply
and the people believed that the epidemic was due to the anger of the Mahankali
and began offering 'bonalu' to placate her.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority