Accordingly Karunanidhi Family is an Indian political family which has been dominant in the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) for most of Tamilnadu's history since the late 1960s. Meanwhile M. Karunanidhi has been CM of Tamilnadu for five terms and the DMK party leader from 1968. Furthermore Dayanidhi Maran has been the union cabinet minister for two terms, once as a Minister of Information and Technology and once as a Minister of Textiles.
Moreover M.K. Stalin has been a four time MLA in Tamilnadu Legislative assembly and a onetime deputy Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. Secondly M.K. Alagiri is the Minister of Chemicals in the central cabinet and also the co-ordinator for South Tamilnadu for DMK. Next Kanimozhi is a nominated Member of the Parliament in Rajya Sabha. As per report Kalanidhi Maran is the owner of the Sun Network, the second largest TV network in India and also Sun Pictures, a Tamil movie production company. The fourth generation of the family comprising Arivunithi, Dayanidhi Azhagiri, Udhayanidhi Stalin and Arulnithi are involved in Tamil cinema industry.
Further with large presence of the family members
both in the central government and state government has led to the topic of
political nepotism. Moreover two of the family members, Kanimozhi and Dayanidhi
Maran had been charged by CBI for their alleged involvement in
the 2G Spectrum Case. Finally the fourth generation of the family is
accused of using political clout in their favor in the Tamil cinema industry
Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday? Amaravathi sources made a statement that Arogyasri services in Andhra Pradesh will come to a grinding halt from Monday, as a result of non-payment of bills to corporate hospitals by the state government. Meanwhile the Andhra Pradesh government has imposed a slew of conditions for medical treatment to be provided, as a result of which patients find themselves at the receiving end of healthcare in the state.
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!
- BJP corners Rahul Gandhi now!