The ruling AIADMK party had refused to allow Karunanidhi's memorial at Marina, citing high court cases, and had allocated a 2 acre land near Gandhi Mandapam in Chennai. Earlier, by today noon itself, MK Stalin and senior members of DMK had met the Tamilnadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to request government honors for the ex chief minister of Tamilnadu Karunanidhi and also to have his memorial at Marina.
However post the denial by AIADMK, there was a social media outrage and violence at places in Tamilnadu and following these developments, Superstar Rajinikanth had took it to his Twitter account expressing that he sincerely requests the Tamilnadu government to take all efforts to offer a place for Karunanidhi's memorial near Anna memorial at Marina, stating that it is the rightful respect we give for the great man.
It must be noted that despite the
case, former chief minister Jayalalitha had her memorial to be installed at Marina,
with an exception by the High court.
Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday? Amaravathi sources made a statement that Arogyasri services in Andhra Pradesh will come to a grinding halt from Monday, as a result of non-payment of bills to corporate hospitals by the state government. Meanwhile the Andhra Pradesh government has imposed a slew of conditions for medical treatment to be provided, as a result of which patients find themselves at the receiving end of healthcare in the state.
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!
- BJP corners Rahul Gandhi now!