The ruling AIADMK party had refused to allow Karunanidhi's memorial at Marina, citing high court cases, and had allocated a 2 acre land near Gandhi Mandapam in Chennai. Earlier, by today noon itself, MK Stalin and senior members of DMK had met the Tamilnadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to request government honors for the ex chief minister of Tamilnadu Karunanidhi and also to have his memorial at Marina.
However post the denial by AIADMK, there was a social media outrage and violence at places in Tamilnadu and following these developments, Superstar Rajinikanth had took it to his Twitter account expressing that he sincerely requests the Tamilnadu government to take all efforts to offer a place for Karunanidhi's memorial near Anna memorial at Marina, stating that it is the rightful respect we give for the great man.
It must be noted that despite the
case, former chief minister Jayalalitha had her memorial to be installed at Marina,
with an exception by the High court.
Will Gajwel people make KCR win? Accordingly despite the predictions of various surveys which indicated a TRS wave in Telangana, the ground reality seems to be different. As per report in many of rural parts of Telangana, there is anti-incumbency against the ruling government and this may make it difficult for TRS and even in Gajwel constituency, represented by KCR himself, said to have a tough fight in the coming elections.
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump
- World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE
- Baba Ramdev supporting STERLITE