The ruling AIADMK party had refused to allow Karunanidhi's memorial at Marina, citing high court cases, and had allocated a 2 acre land near Gandhi Mandapam in Chennai. Earlier, by today noon itself, MK Stalin and senior members of DMK had met the Tamilnadu chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy to request government honors for the ex chief minister of Tamilnadu Karunanidhi and also to have his memorial at Marina.
However post the denial by AIADMK, there was a social media outrage and violence at places in Tamilnadu and following these developments, Superstar Rajinikanth had took it to his Twitter account expressing that he sincerely requests the Tamilnadu government to take all efforts to offer a place for Karunanidhi's memorial near Anna memorial at Marina, stating that it is the rightful respect we give for the great man.
It must be noted that despite the
case, former chief minister Jayalalitha had her memorial to be installed at Marina,
with an exception by the High court.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news