Accordingly an operation was underway on Tuesday to evacuate thousands of tourists who were stranded after a deadly earthquake jolted Indonesia's Lombok Island killing 98 people and injuring over 200 others. Recently a video released by authorities showed hundreds of people, many believed to be foreign tourists, crammed onto a beach on the island of Gili Trawangan as evacuation measures got underway.
Moreover the island famous for its white sandy beaches and clear waters is located near the epicenter of the 6.9 magnitude quake on Lombok that struck on Sunday evening. Earlier rescue efforts were hampered by shallow waters, but rising sea waters have paved the way for nine ships to dock on Gili Island. So far, up to 2,700 tourists have been moved from the Gili Island. Presently Lombok's airport was open around the clock and had significantly increased its flight schedule.
Further the epicenter of the quake was in northern
Lombok, a more residential, less developed part of the island and the majority
of Lombok's tourist resorts are on the island's southern coast and an estimated
20,000 people have been displaced by the massive earthquake. Reports added rescue
teams on Tuesday also continued searching under debris from collapsing
buildings for more survivors.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news