Accordingly an operation was underway on Tuesday to evacuate thousands of tourists who were stranded after a deadly earthquake jolted Indonesia's Lombok Island killing 98 people and injuring over 200 others. Recently a video released by authorities showed hundreds of people, many believed to be foreign tourists, crammed onto a beach on the island of Gili Trawangan as evacuation measures got underway.
Moreover the island famous for its white sandy beaches and clear waters is located near the epicenter of the 6.9 magnitude quake on Lombok that struck on Sunday evening. Earlier rescue efforts were hampered by shallow waters, but rising sea waters have paved the way for nine ships to dock on Gili Island. So far, up to 2,700 tourists have been moved from the Gili Island. Presently Lombok's airport was open around the clock and had significantly increased its flight schedule.
Further the epicenter of the quake was in northern
Lombok, a more residential, less developed part of the island and the majority
of Lombok's tourist resorts are on the island's southern coast and an estimated
20,000 people have been displaced by the massive earthquake. Reports added rescue
teams on Tuesday also continued searching under debris from collapsing
buildings for more survivors.
Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru As per report said a police official on Monday adaptive signals will soon be installed across Bengaluru to ease traffic congestion by regulating vehicular movement at road inter-sections,. The new sensor based smart traffic signals were proposed in September, 2017 and the department had started the process of floating tenders then. Already some of the signals in the central business districts have this feature.
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump
- World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE