Chennai sources stated that after re-looking into the ban of fixed dose combination drugs, the Supreme Court is to ban around 344 combination drugs that include cough syrups, painkillers and flu medicines like Phensedyl, Saridon, Vicks Action 500, Dart, Corex and D’Cold Total very soon. Meanwhile the officials at state chemists and druggists association are expected to receive the final notification in the coming week, said the officials.
Even though the issue the regulation and ban of fixed dose combination drugs was already raised and the High Court had ordered the ban in 2016, Pharma companies approached the apex court for relief. Previously the drug advisory body reviewed the issue and recommended the ban of medications, after which the Supreme Court is likely to impose the ban of sale, manufacture and distribution of these drugs very soon.
Moreover the 344 combinations including those of
paracetamol, phenylephrine and caffeine; chlorpheniramine maleate, codeine
syrup and paracetamol, propyphenazone and caffeine might have more than 5,000
products and will have a huge impact on the medical hub and market. However,
members of the Tamilnadu Chemists’ and Druggists’ Association are worried about
disposing the current stock of the medicines.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue