Chennai sources stated that after re-looking into the ban of fixed dose combination drugs, the Supreme Court is to ban around 344 combination drugs that include cough syrups, painkillers and flu medicines like Phensedyl, Saridon, Vicks Action 500, Dart, Corex and D’Cold Total very soon. Meanwhile the officials at state chemists and druggists association are expected to receive the final notification in the coming week, said the officials.
Even though the issue the regulation and ban of fixed dose combination drugs was already raised and the High Court had ordered the ban in 2016, Pharma companies approached the apex court for relief. Previously the drug advisory body reviewed the issue and recommended the ban of medications, after which the Supreme Court is likely to impose the ban of sale, manufacture and distribution of these drugs very soon.
Moreover the 344 combinations including those of
paracetamol, phenylephrine and caffeine; chlorpheniramine maleate, codeine
syrup and paracetamol, propyphenazone and caffeine might have more than 5,000
products and will have a huge impact on the medical hub and market. However,
members of the Tamilnadu Chemists’ and Druggists’ Association are worried about
disposing the current stock of the medicines.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news