Chennai sources reported that ruling AIADMK party had denied permission to bury Karunanidhi at Marina, which is an important place in Chennai and which houses memorials of great leaders like Annadurai, MGR and former CM J. Jayalalitha. Previously it was stated that Karunanidhi had refused to bury leaders Kamaraj and Rajaji as they belonged to Congress. Presently the memorials for those two leaders are at Gandhi Mandapam.
Meanwhile as per report the counter affidavit which was filed by the state government before the Chief Justice of Madras High Court is looking into burial tussle and also reports that Karunanidhi is been allocated 2 acres of land at Gandhi Mandapam and not Marina for Kamaraj as the latter was not a sitting CM when he passed away.
Recently when speaking to reporters CR Kesavan the
great grandson of Rajaji said “It is not true and Rajaji was cremated according
to his wishes and moreover Rajaji Ninaivalayam situated at Guindy was designed
by Karunanidhi. Moreover a senior journalist of a leading publication said
Karunanidhi had not refused Kamaraj a burial at Marina either and like Rajaji
and Kamaraj was cremated at Gandhi Mandapam. The memorials are designed in such
a way that national leaders at Gandhi Mandapam and Dravidan leaders at Marina.
Butterfly Park to be opened in Chennai Chennai sources stated that Butterfly Park at Arignar Anna Zoological Park, which was inaugurated on September 15, 2015, by the then Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, will again be open for public on October 21.
- #DeepVeer - Kabir Bedi wishes the Hot Couple
- Women should enter Sabarimala says Suriya's father
- Wrong Phone Call leads to marriage between 15 year old boy and 60 year old woman
- Is Kamal splitting DMK - Congress?
- BJP tryies to increase saffron footprint across India
- Rahul's Telangana tour became huge success
- Telangana, Chattisgarh & Mizoram Assembly Polls list released by BJP
- CEC makes a visit to Hyderabad to look after polling arrangements
- Train Ticket Discount is announced finally
- 76% of Swiss Voters approves on Nationwide Ban on Face coverings
- Facebook sets a War Room to reduce spreadability of potentially harmful content
- US make efforts to ban Iran's oil exports..
- India to stop getting Petrol from Iran?
- Tekkali plunged into darkness as Cyclone Titli destroyed power supply lines
- Thieves attack youngster