Chennai sources reported that ruling AIADMK party had denied permission to bury Karunanidhi at Marina, which is an important place in Chennai and which houses memorials of great leaders like Annadurai, MGR and former CM J. Jayalalitha. Previously it was stated that Karunanidhi had refused to bury leaders Kamaraj and Rajaji as they belonged to Congress. Presently the memorials for those two leaders are at Gandhi Mandapam.
Meanwhile as per report the counter affidavit which was filed by the state government before the Chief Justice of Madras High Court is looking into burial tussle and also reports that Karunanidhi is been allocated 2 acres of land at Gandhi Mandapam and not Marina for Kamaraj as the latter was not a sitting CM when he passed away.
Recently when speaking to reporters CR Kesavan the
great grandson of Rajaji said “It is not true and Rajaji was cremated according
to his wishes and moreover Rajaji Ninaivalayam situated at Guindy was designed
by Karunanidhi. Moreover a senior journalist of a leading publication said
Karunanidhi had not refused Kamaraj a burial at Marina either and like Rajaji
and Kamaraj was cremated at Gandhi Mandapam. The memorials are designed in such
a way that national leaders at Gandhi Mandapam and Dravidan leaders at Marina.
Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination? Vallabhaneni Vamsi name is appeared in first list of TDP as its nominee from Gannavaram Assembly. He didn’t go to Gannavaram after announcing his candidature from Hyderabad. Date of Filing of nominations would come to an end by 25th March.
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?