Chennai sources reported that ruling AIADMK party had denied permission to bury Karunanidhi at Marina, which is an important place in Chennai and which houses memorials of great leaders like Annadurai, MGR and former CM J. Jayalalitha. Previously it was stated that Karunanidhi had refused to bury leaders Kamaraj and Rajaji as they belonged to Congress. Presently the memorials for those two leaders are at Gandhi Mandapam.
Meanwhile as per report the counter affidavit which was filed by the state government before the Chief Justice of Madras High Court is looking into burial tussle and also reports that Karunanidhi is been allocated 2 acres of land at Gandhi Mandapam and not Marina for Kamaraj as the latter was not a sitting CM when he passed away.
Recently when speaking to reporters CR Kesavan the
great grandson of Rajaji said “It is not true and Rajaji was cremated according
to his wishes and moreover Rajaji Ninaivalayam situated at Guindy was designed
by Karunanidhi. Moreover a senior journalist of a leading publication said
Karunanidhi had not refused Kamaraj a burial at Marina either and like Rajaji
and Kamaraj was cremated at Gandhi Mandapam. The memorials are designed in such
a way that national leaders at Gandhi Mandapam and Dravidan leaders at Marina.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!