Bengaluru sources stated that the Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru achieved a traffic growth of 32.9% in the first quarter of the year, as 8.02 million passengers availed the services compared to 6.04 million passengers during the same period last year.
Accordingly the Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) said that a total of 26.9 million passengers used the airport in 2017-18. Domestic and international passengers grew by 35.8 percent and 16.8 percent, respectively, primarily on the back of holiday season and special offers by airlines. Meanwhile 6.94 million domestic passengers and 1.08 million international fliers passed through the Bengaluru Airport between April and June 2018.
BIAL said in a statement that Air Traffic Movement
(ATM) improved by 32.9%, with a total of 58,054 movements as against 43,673
movements last year. Moreover the Airport averaged 638 movements per day,
with the highest ever ATMs in a single day being 685 on May 4, 2018. Furthermore
the top domestic destinations during the first quarter were Delhi (1,115,145),
Mumbai (875,474) and Kolkata (473,089) while the top international destinations
were Dubai (209,425), Singapore (163,638) and Abu Dhabi (77,166).
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news