Hyderabad sources stated that Congress MLA Revanth Reddy on Tuesday filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) countering the Telangana government's decision to allot 16.27 acres of land at Raidurg village in Serilingampally mandal of Ranga Reddy district, to Swedish furniture retailer Ikea India Private Limited. Meanwhile in the PIL, Revanth said that the State government was biased towards the multinational company in allotting such valuable land free of cost.
He said “The government allotted the land without inviting for tenders and, by allotting the land free of cost and the government has suffered a loss to the tune of Rs 500 crore”. Earlier on Tuesday, a bench headed by Justice B Radhakrishnan will hear the petition in the court and the Kodangal MLA pleaded that the government broke the law by allotting land in the nomination process and that the government could have allotted the furniture store at any other location.
Furthermore Revanth mentioned that according to
government orders, land should be allotted only to IT companies. He said “The
public exchequer was benefited by just Rs 33 crore from the land allotment”. Moreover
the Congress leader requested the court to stall the business until the issue
is duly investigated and hyped launch event of Hyderabad IKEA is likely to be
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!