Kalaignar M Karunanidhi was the first chief minister who fought and won the right to hoist the tricolor on national importance day Independence Day, and yesterday, after his death has been wrapped in the tricolor in his last journey to his memorial near Anna memorial at Marina. Kalaignar Karunanidhi had been the chief minister of Tamilnadu for five terms, and years ago, it was a practice for governors to hoist national flag on eve of Independence Day and republic day.
It was Kalaignar M Karunanidhi who had appealed for a change in this practice demanding hoisting of tricolor on Independence Day by state chief ministers and on republic day by governors. He had written a letter to the then prime minister Smt. Indira Gandhi, penning his demand, and after receiving the approval, became the first chief minister in the country to hoist the national flag on August 15, 1974.
Following his death yesterday,
Karunanidhi has received government honors and has been fittingly wrapped in
the tricolors during his final journey, and it has been a perfect way to honor
the person who earned the right for chief ministers to hoist national flag on Independence
Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru As per report said a police official on Monday adaptive signals will soon be installed across Bengaluru to ease traffic congestion by regulating vehicular movement at road inter-sections,. The new sensor based smart traffic signals were proposed in September, 2017 and the department had started the process of floating tenders then. Already some of the signals in the central business districts have this feature.
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump
- World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE