Following the death of senior leader of Tamilnadu politics Kalaignar M Karunanidhi and his entry into a state of permanent rest, the whole state was in a non functional state, as all the shops were closed, buses weren't operational, and the roads being empty Sans traffic. There was no Chaos among people and the public had paid their condolences to one of the greatest leaders of Indian politics in a silent manner.
Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, the DMK chief had passed away on August 7th at 6:10 pm at the Kauvery hospital, following which the government ordered the closure of TASMAC shops across the state by 6 pm on August 7th. Yesterday was announced as a government holiday, and schools, colleges, and government offices, were not functioning. From morning, many including the nation's Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the general public had been paying their last respects to the elderly political legend who's been an integral part of lives of Tamils.
To prevent law and order issues and
chaos, shops were closed, and buses, autos and taxi services weren't
operational. It was a similar situation as that of a bandh, and yet there was
not a single incident of public violence or unrest reported, except tears from
DMK supporters and Karunanidhi followers, as the whole of Tamilnadu paid its
silent last respects to the legendary Kalaignar M Karunanidhi.
Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni Kabul sources reported that an official said Taliban assault on two adjacent checkpoints in northern Afghanistan killed at least 30 soldiers and police, as life gradually returned to normal in parts of the eastern city of Ghazni after a massive insurgent attack last week, with sporadic gun battles still underway in some neighborhoods.
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna
- Donald Trump & Imran Khan same to same?
- Continued fall in Rupee causing dollar to gain
- Visveswaraya Tech University made Kannada Language compulsory
- With no help in sight, Kerala people requesting Social Media for Rescue
- Earthquake in Bengaluru? People in Shock!
- Actor Prithiviraj's mother rescued!
- Vajpayee's words to Chinnapillai!
- TN Government announces public holiday!
- 200 Patients & Staff members evacuated from Pathanamthitta flooded Hospital
- Student's Open letter to PM Narendra Modi explaining hardships faced due to NEET
- Pawan Kalyan released Manifesto Vision for forthcoming 2019 Elections
- Demand for Air tickets has gone up for Kerala & Karnataka
- Personal Life of Vajpayee is filled with Positivity