According to sources premium natural and biodegradable sanitary pad maker Carmesi has raised a Pre-Series A funding of $0.5 million in a round led by Samrath Bedi, Managing Director of Forest Essentials a luxury Ayurvedic beauty brand. Meanwhile the round also saw participation from other prominent investors including Satveer Thakral from the Thakral Group, Mahesh Patel, Rohit Reddy, and Samir Saran.
Furthermore Carmesi was co-founded by Tanvi Johri and Rikshav Borah in November 2017. Made of corn starch and bamboo fiber, the pads provide a completely natural and sustainable alternative to the chemically laced synthetic pads. Moreover it sells online and on e-commerce websites including Flipkart, Amazon, Nykaa, and Purplle. Carmesi will utilize the funds to further strengthen the brand’s marketing, expanding the product line to introduce more sustainable period care products, and establish a stronger and well-penetrated distribution strategy.
Samrath said “There is a gap in the market with
respect to addressing female hygiene with a safe yet environmentally conscientious
approach, and I think that this space has huge potential going forward. Further
not only should it be our endeavor to remove the taboo associated with a
women's menstrual cycle and health, but to also do it in a manner which is not
detrimental to the planet”.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas