According to report after being hailed for spearheading the fight against fake news in Telangana, Jogulamba Gadwal SP Rama Rajeshwari is again in the news again for all the right reasons. In a unique initiative, she has decided that violators of traffic rules should plant a sapling. This move is also a push for the Telangana ku Haritha Haram campaign, under which the state is attempting to maintain 24% of its green cover.
“We decided to involve traffic law violators with the thought that if we are to check crime and it spreads, there should be improvement both in our preventive and remedial efforts,” Rama Rajeshwari told TNM. As part of creating awareness on road safety, the Telangana government has also put up booths on the Jogulamba Gadwal highways, where cops can keep an eye out on citizens who break road rules. The state has created avenues and allotted lands where violators would plant tree saplings after paying the stipulated fine amount.
“The Gadwal district police aim to plant 2 lakhs
saplings in all police stations, residential quarters, training facilities and
district police office complexes. Each police unit is given a target to involve
citizens in the planting activity. Not just traffic law violators, our
program also reaches out to history sheeters and ex-convicts who will join
the police teams to plant saplings,” the officer says. In 2016, Rama Rajeshwari
got 68 history sheeters to plant trees along with police officers as part of
the Haritha Haram program in Malkajgiri.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news