According to report after being hailed for spearheading the fight against fake news in Telangana, Jogulamba Gadwal SP Rama Rajeshwari is again in the news again for all the right reasons. In a unique initiative, she has decided that violators of traffic rules should plant a sapling. This move is also a push for the Telangana ku Haritha Haram campaign, under which the state is attempting to maintain 24% of its green cover.
“We decided to involve traffic law violators with the thought that if we are to check crime and it spreads, there should be improvement both in our preventive and remedial efforts,” Rama Rajeshwari told TNM. As part of creating awareness on road safety, the Telangana government has also put up booths on the Jogulamba Gadwal highways, where cops can keep an eye out on citizens who break road rules. The state has created avenues and allotted lands where violators would plant tree saplings after paying the stipulated fine amount.
“The Gadwal district police aim to plant 2 lakhs
saplings in all police stations, residential quarters, training facilities and
district police office complexes. Each police unit is given a target to involve
citizens in the planting activity. Not just traffic law violators, our
program also reaches out to history sheeters and ex-convicts who will join
the police teams to plant saplings,” the officer says. In 2016, Rama Rajeshwari
got 68 history sheeters to plant trees along with police officers as part of
the Haritha Haram program in Malkajgiri.
Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon? According to sources "Wedding bells for Anushka Shetty", is the most discussed topic among the buffs since a long time. Meanwhile every other day we have been hearing reports of Anushka’s marriage and although, several rumors are surfacing that there is a problem with her horoscope and her family members are busy in search Mr. Perfect for her.
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!