Chennai sources added that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) President M Karunanidhi breathed his last on Tuesday in a Chennai hospital after a short illness. He was 94. Even though best known as the political rival to J Jayalalitha, Muthuvel Karunanidhi was a man with several feathers in his cap. Karunanidhi's political career spanned eight decades and he contested 12 Assembly elections, losing none. Accordingly a heavyweight of the Dravidian politics, he served the state five times as its CM. he was born on 3 June 1924 in Nagapattinam district of erstwhile Madras Presidency, Karunanidhi was an admirer of activist Periyar, whose socialist ideology became the bedrock of his political ground.
Moreover he dropped out of school but actively participated in the anti-Hindi agitations in 1938. Furthermore starting off as a screenwriter in the Tamil film industry in 1944, he blended stories with his socialist and rationalist ideals of the Dravidian movement and the controversial film Parasakthi, released in 1952, is one such example. Meanwhile the DMK, headed by Karunanidhi, was a part of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee led National Democratic Alliance government in 1999, the Tamil heavyweight drifted to the Congress party for 2004 Lok Sabha elections, but the meteoric rise of the scriptwriter turned politician on the Indian political horizon was clouded too, albeit occasionally.
Moreover he was indicted by the Sarkaria Commission
for corruption in the Veeranam project, which was to deliver water to parched
Chennai. Meanwhile when Jayalalitha passed away in 2016, Karunanidhi,
putting political rivalry aside, penned a condolence message for his arch rival
and he wrote "As far as the parties are concerned, there was difference in
opinion, but nobody can deny that Jayalalitha acted courageously for the
welfare of her party." Furthermore today, as thousands of his followers
pour in to bid their leader goodbye, Karunanidhi, even in death, has shown what
it means to be a larger than life politician, who, despite being confined to a
wheelchair towards the end of his life, without whom a general or an Assembly
election would be hard to imagine.
CBN just a producer says Jagan! YS Jaganmohan is going all out against Jana Sena party and Praja Shanti Party. In recent election meetings in Guntur, he made Pawan Kalyan references. Jagan said recently formed parties are helping TDP and conveying wrong ideas to AP voters. Jagan said people not to believe an actor totally under control of CM Chandrababu Naidu.
- Student's answers with KGF, Baahubali references!
- Seniors given voluntary retirement!
- Can Balayya get Muslim votes?
- Do Chandrababu Naidu have rights to YS Jagan as a Ganja Plant?
- AP Youngsters, Ladies in support of YS Jagan
- How many more wickets will fall in YSRC trap, to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- Will Ruling TDP Retain Power to finish Pending Works???
- Helicopter gives trouble YSRCP (FAN)!
- Will Pakistan face lot of economic problems because of India?
- Did CBN fulfill Poll Promises in 2014 Elections? : YS Jagan
- Will Kamal Hassan contest in LS Polls?
- History Maker: Nitin Shah - Managing Director, Nitin Group of Companies
- Pawan Kalyan - The Faded Power?
- Jagan Drops A Bomb on Nara Lokesh in Mangalagiri
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply