30 year old post graduate student of the SV medical college located in Tirupati had accused three professors of sexually abusing her, and the student had also committed suicide following which the principal of the college has been replaced by Andhra Pradesh government. The student had committed suicide in Pileru of Chittoor district.
The student had reportedly accused three professors belonging to
department and had also sent a letter addressing governor ESL Narasimhan, to take action against the professors. After inaction and her death, a committee was formed by paediatric state government which included medical education director K Babji, and the team had visited SV college to investigate and enquire with other students regarding the case.
Two of the doctors
Kireety and Sasikumar were transferred and another doctor Ravikumar's suspension was extended, and there was massive protest in the college. Reportedly the student was not awarded marks in a proper way in her post graduate exams, and after she had complained on the three professors, they had later branded her as mentally unwell, that pushed her to take the extreme step of suicide.
Now the Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu has ordered
investigation into the same, and in response, the deceased student's representatives have thanked him for his concern adding that the professors and principal of the college weren't concerned though, and asked the CM to bring justice.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news