30 year old post graduate student of the SV medical college located in Tirupati had accused three professors of sexually abusing her, and the student had also committed suicide following which the principal of the college has been replaced by Andhra Pradesh government. The student had committed suicide in Pileru of Chittoor district.
The student had reportedly accused three professors belonging to
department and had also sent a letter addressing governor ESL Narasimhan, to take action against the professors. After inaction and her death, a committee was formed by paediatric state government which included medical education director K Babji, and the team had visited SV college to investigate and enquire with other students regarding the case.
Two of the doctors
Kireety and Sasikumar were transferred and another doctor Ravikumar's suspension was extended, and there was massive protest in the college. Reportedly the student was not awarded marks in a proper way in her post graduate exams, and after she had complained on the three professors, they had later branded her as mentally unwell, that pushed her to take the extreme step of suicide.
Now the Andhra Pradesh chief minister Chandrababu Naidu has ordered
investigation into the same, and in response, the deceased student's representatives have thanked him for his concern adding that the professors and principal of the college weren't concerned though, and asked the CM to bring justice.
Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday? Amaravathi sources made a statement that Arogyasri services in Andhra Pradesh will come to a grinding halt from Monday, as a result of non-payment of bills to corporate hospitals by the state government. Meanwhile the Andhra Pradesh government has imposed a slew of conditions for medical treatment to be provided, as a result of which patients find themselves at the receiving end of healthcare in the state.
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!
- BJP corners Rahul Gandhi now!