According to sources incessant rains which began on Tuesday night yet again wreaked havoc in the state, throwing normal life out of gear in several districts. As per report heavy rains have caused the water levels in major dams to rise and the water level at Idukki dam has reached 2396.96 feet and red alert has been issued at Idamalayar dam. Meanwhile a ‘red alert’ is issued when the water rises to 2399 feet.
Moreover an alert has also been issued for the people living on shores of rivers, in the project area of the dam. Sources reported that a warning has also been issued to fishermen, telling them not to venture into the middle, southern, and western parts of the Arabian Sea for the next twenty four hours. Furthermore landslides have been reported from the hilly regions of the Northern districts and schools in Kozhikode’s Kodanchery Taluk have declared holidays due to soil erosion at Kakkadampoyilil in the region.
Further several low lying areas in the Wayanad
district have also been flooded. Moreover the government will bear the entire
expense to address rain related distress and hence a special project will be
prepared to compensate the loss in the school days for not to affect studies. CM
added “Water ambulances will be deployed more effectively and camps will be
conducted from August 16 to 31 at Taluk and Panchayat levels to get documents
like Adhar, ration cards and education certificates for those who lost them”.
BJP fights Sabarimala verdict! Fighting against the Supreme Court verdict that allows women also to enter the Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala, the BJP party has initiated a giant protest at Kerala. Ever since the Verdict on Sabarimala case was pronounced with chief justice Dipak Misra headed bench making it legal that women must be allowed into Sabarimala temple there are negative reactions across Kerala.
- "I can live in Pakistan than South India" - Siddhu speech gets viral!
- Tamilisai Soundararajan ridiculed Kamal Hassan
- BJP confident in winning in Telangana: Sadananda Gowda
- Saudi Arabia's King questioned about disappearance of Journalist to Turkish President
- IO extended up to November 2 for appearance of P Chidambaram in HC
- TPCC sent Candidates List for final confirmation from AICC
- India's Top 15 Millionaires Daughters
- Will Power star react on Renu Desai's second marriage?
- Who is Pawan Kalyan's next targeted guy?
- Bryan Adams opens up about his relationship with Princess Diana
- INR Crash at an All-Time Low!
- Revanth Reddy complaints about KCR to EC
- Filmmaker RGV announced cash award for a video
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu pens to PM for Titli relief measures
- Mistakes you should avoid during Navaratri