According to sources incessant rains which began on Tuesday night yet again wreaked havoc in the state, throwing normal life out of gear in several districts. As per report heavy rains have caused the water levels in major dams to rise and the water level at Idukki dam has reached 2396.96 feet and red alert has been issued at Idamalayar dam. Meanwhile a ‘red alert’ is issued when the water rises to 2399 feet.
Moreover an alert has also been issued for the people living on shores of rivers, in the project area of the dam. Sources reported that a warning has also been issued to fishermen, telling them not to venture into the middle, southern, and western parts of the Arabian Sea for the next twenty four hours. Furthermore landslides have been reported from the hilly regions of the Northern districts and schools in Kozhikode’s Kodanchery Taluk have declared holidays due to soil erosion at Kakkadampoyilil in the region.
Further several low lying areas in the Wayanad
district have also been flooded. Moreover the government will bear the entire
expense to address rain related distress and hence a special project will be
prepared to compensate the loss in the school days for not to affect studies. CM
added “Water ambulances will be deployed more effectively and camps will be
conducted from August 16 to 31 at Taluk and Panchayat levels to get documents
like Adhar, ration cards and education certificates for those who lost them”.
Strange case of a damaging goat! A goat grazing at places it was not supposed to will definitely land itself in danger, and end up becoming someone's food, and that is proven by a recent strange incident in Belgrade. There's a Village named Ranilovic in central Serbia, and a farmer residing there has been planning to buy a land for Farming and started to save money for the same.
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?