According to sources for the first time in 26 years, the Idukki dam was opened again as the water levels rose to just below 2399 feet in the reservoir, just 4 feet below its full capacity. Meanwhile at 12:30 pm on Thursday, one shutter of the Cheruthoni dam was opened 50 centimeters to let the water out. Reports added the shutter will remain open for 4 hours and 50 cubic meters of water is being released per second.
Meanwhile a statement released by Idukki Collector instructed all those living 100 meters along the stretch of the Periyar near the dam to relocate to safer spots. As per report the residents living along the lower areas of the river have been relocated to a location arranged by the village officer and their stay there will be taken care of. Recently the authorities instructed residents to keep all their valuables and certificates safe and instructed people to not crowd the banks of the river.
Furthermore the trial run will be heavily monitored by the KSDMA and KSEB
(Kerala State Electricity Board). Moreover with the water level
rising to 2399 feet, the reservoir only has 4 feet more to hit maximum capacity
and CM Pinarayi Vijayan announced via Facebook that the rescue boats
have been stationed to undertake operations in the low lying areas of
Ernakulam which are prone to flooding.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news