New Delhi sources stated that in a quick turnaround of events, YSR Congress party (YSRCP) decided to abstain from voting in the election for the post of Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman. Meanwhile when speaking to media here ahead of the voting, YSRCP Rajya Sabha MP Vijaya Sai Reddy clarified that the party was neither supporting NDA nominee Harivanshnor joint opposition candidate B K Hariprasad.
Accordingly Vijaya Sai Reddy said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which promised commitment to the development of Andhra Pradesh, cheated the people of the State. Moreover he also recalled that former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh verbally mentioned the Special Category Status (SCS) promise, but did not include it in the provisions under the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Act. 2014.
Moreover on the other said, the YSRCP leader criticized Telugu Desam Party for colluding with the Congress and the BJP. Reports added that the party wishes to elect all constitutional positions, including both the President and the Vice-presidents unanimously. Further JDU's Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected the Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairperson, winning the vote with 125 votes as against 105 of Opposition candidate B.K. Hariprasad.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?