New Delhi sources stated that in a quick turnaround of events, YSR Congress party (YSRCP) decided to abstain from voting in the election for the post of Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman. Meanwhile when speaking to media here ahead of the voting, YSRCP Rajya Sabha MP Vijaya Sai Reddy clarified that the party was neither supporting NDA nominee Harivanshnor joint opposition candidate B K Hariprasad.
Accordingly Vijaya Sai Reddy said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which promised commitment to the development of Andhra Pradesh, cheated the people of the State. Moreover he also recalled that former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh verbally mentioned the Special Category Status (SCS) promise, but did not include it in the provisions under the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Act. 2014.
Moreover on the other said, the YSRCP leader criticized Telugu Desam Party for colluding with the Congress and the BJP. Reports added that the party wishes to elect all constitutional positions, including both the President and the Vice-presidents unanimously. Further JDU's Harivansh Narayan Singh was elected the Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairperson, winning the vote with 125 votes as against 105 of Opposition candidate B.K. Hariprasad.
Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. The party took many buildings on lease in Hyderabad and Vijayawada for its operations two years ago. While the party has decided to continue its central office in Madhapur, it has decided to shut down some buildings in other places.
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!