BJP alliance candidate Harivansh Narayan Singh has won the election for the position of Rajya Sabha deputy chairman. The filing of nominations had begun yesterday and the voting for the deputy chairman elections for Rajya Sabha began by 11 am yesterday.
In this election, national democratic alliance was represented by Bihar bawss MP Harivansh Narayan Singh of United Janata Dal had contested, and he had secured 120 votes, while his opponent, Congress MP Hari Prasad who had contested from the opposition side had secured only 105 votes and lost the election.
Prior to the election, Congress leader Anand Sharma had said that since there was a wave against Modi Sarkar, there was a need for them to fight against them and that this election was an opportunity for them to gain upper hand and hence they fielded a candidate. Even in the recent Lok Sabha no confidence motion, BJP had won and now they've earned this win In Rajya Sabha as well.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?