BJP alliance candidate Harivansh Narayan Singh has won the election for the position of Rajya Sabha deputy chairman. The filing of nominations had begun yesterday and the voting for the deputy chairman elections for Rajya Sabha began by 11 am yesterday.
In this election, national democratic alliance was represented by Bihar bawss MP Harivansh Narayan Singh of United Janata Dal had contested, and he had secured 120 votes, while his opponent, Congress MP Hari Prasad who had contested from the opposition side had secured only 105 votes and lost the election.
Prior to the election, Congress leader Anand Sharma had said that since there was a wave against Modi Sarkar, there was a need for them to fight against them and that this election was an opportunity for them to gain upper hand and hence they fielded a candidate. Even in the recent Lok Sabha no confidence motion, BJP had won and now they've earned this win In Rajya Sabha as well.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!