BJP alliance candidate Harivansh Narayan Singh has won the election for the position of Rajya Sabha deputy chairman. The filing of nominations had begun yesterday and the voting for the deputy chairman elections for Rajya Sabha began by 11 am yesterday.
In this election, national democratic alliance was represented by Bihar bawss MP Harivansh Narayan Singh of United Janata Dal had contested, and he had secured 120 votes, while his opponent, Congress MP Hari Prasad who had contested from the opposition side had secured only 105 votes and lost the election.
Prior to the election, Congress leader Anand Sharma had said that since there was a wave against Modi Sarkar, there was a need for them to fight against them and that this election was an opportunity for them to gain upper hand and hence they fielded a candidate. Even in the recent Lok Sabha no confidence motion, BJP had won and now they've earned this win In Rajya Sabha as well.
Butterfly Park to be opened in Chennai Chennai sources stated that Butterfly Park at Arignar Anna Zoological Park, which was inaugurated on September 15, 2015, by the then Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, will again be open for public on October 21.
- #DeepVeer - Kabir Bedi wishes the Hot Couple
- Women should enter Sabarimala says Suriya's father
- Wrong Phone Call leads to marriage between 15 year old boy and 60 year old woman
- Is Kamal splitting DMK - Congress?
- BJP tryies to increase saffron footprint across India
- Rahul's Telangana tour became huge success
- Telangana, Chattisgarh & Mizoram Assembly Polls list released by BJP
- CEC makes a visit to Hyderabad to look after polling arrangements
- Train Ticket Discount is announced finally
- 76% of Swiss Voters approves on Nationwide Ban on Face coverings
- Facebook sets a War Room to reduce spreadability of potentially harmful content
- US make efforts to ban Iran's oil exports..
- India to stop getting Petrol from Iran?
- Tekkali plunged into darkness as Cyclone Titli destroyed power supply lines
- Thieves attack youngster