Chess legend Vishwanathan Anand has expressed his condolences to Kalaignar M Karunanidhi. He had said that Karunanidhi was a great sports fan. DMK chief Karunanidhi had passed away on Tuesday evening by 6:10 pm at Kauvery hospital, and within minutes of announcement of the news of his sad demise, chess player Vishwanathan Anand had took it to twitter to express his emotions.
He had said that he was deeply saddened by the death of Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, and that he was a great leader. He added that he had got the opportunity to meet him many times in his life, and that he was the first to congratulate him when he had become the world champion, and he had gifted him chess set, and that it is an unforgettable moment in his life. Karunanidhi had always been an ardent sports fan and had encouraged sportspersons always, and I express my deepest condolences to the family of the legendary leader, who are missing him big time now, said Vishwanathan Anand.
In 2001, Vishwanathan Anand had
become world champion with his win in a tournament held at Iran's Teheran, and
Karunanidhi, the then chief minister of Tamilnadu had personally called to
Vishwanathan Anand to congratulate him, besides later felicitating him and
gifting him a flat on behalf of Tamilnadu government.
And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!! According to sources India’s youngest state will likely see a Telangana Rashtra Samithi led government for the second consecutive time, as the party is leading in 93 seats in the 119 member Assembly, at the time of writing. Meanwhile the Prajakutami comprising the Congress, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), the Communist Party of India (CPI) and the Telangana Jana Samithi (TJS) has been decimated and they are leading in just 18 seats.
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!