Police have filed a case against Cook Pappammal as a lizard was found in the nutritious meal given in the government school in Thirumalaikavundanpalayam in Avinashi. Thirumalaikavundanpalayam in Avinashi district, houses a government school, and last month Pappammal, a Dalit lady belonging to the same locality had been appointed as the cook in the school. The other caste people of the locality had protested against the appointment of Pappammal as she's a Dalit and there was huge chaos in the school. After opposition from other caste people, the Avinashi development officer had transferred Pappammal from Thirumalaikavundanpalayam government school to another school.
However, after fight back by Periyar
Dravida Kazhagam and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party supporting Pappammal, she
was reappointed in the same school, and cases were filed against more than 90
people who opposed her. On August 7, Pappammal had cooked food and students who
ate the food had fainted and vomited, and it was later found that there was a
lizard in the food, following which the school principal Sasikala had made a
complaint against Pappammal in Avinashi police station.
The complaint filed has been with
the accusations l that Pappammal was careless when cooking and that has
impacted health of students, and later from Pappammal side it was informed that
there was no separate place for cooking, and she cooked in a shed with three
asbestos sheets and a wooden wall, and now investigations are on to find if the food
had been poisoned by the lizard. Now Dalit support organizations have been pressurizing
cops to investigate if the lizard had fell into food by itself, as there were
no previous instances of lizards present in the school cooking area.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news