New Delhi sources stated that official sources said security measures at the Delhi Metro and the IGI airport have been stepped up with the induction of over 600 fresh CISF personnel and commuters are being thoroughly frisked in view of the heightened vigil in the run up to the Independence Day on August 15.
Accordingly they said while passengers in the Delhi Metro are being twice frisked before entering the Delhi Metro stations, additional CISF quick reaction teams (QRTs) and flying squads have been deployed at select stations that witness a heavy footfall or are important from the security point of view. Meanwhile the Central Industrial Security Force, that is tasked to secure over 210 stations of the metro in the national capital region, has enhanced the number of security personnel in the network to keep a better eye on the people and their luggage.
Furthermore the passengers getting in at a number
of airports are being frisked twice, first manually and later with a hand held
metal detector, they said, adding that instructions have been issued to the
personnel to render the job scrupulously but without taking much time. Moreover
CISF metro security chief Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Raghubir Lal told that
they have already held meetings with various stakeholders like the Delhi
Police, metro authorities and others as part of the drills undertaken to
fortify security before August 15.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!