Accordingly the freedom fighters of India played an extensive role in getting independence for the country. Meanwhile the 'Revolt of 1857' was the first war of independence of India and the revolt started as a mutiny by the sepoys of the East India Company. The Muslim and the Hindu sepoys together began this revolt and Rani Lakshmibai, Mangal Pandey, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Nana Sahib and Tatya Tope were some of the active leaders and freedom fighters who fought in the revolt.
Meanwhile Mangal Pandey is considered as the hero in the modern India because he had played a pivotal role in beginning the revolt against the British. Rani Lakshmibai is considered as the symbol of resistance to the British rule and was one of the leading figures of the rebels in 1857.
Earlier in 1876, another movement started against
the British rule. It was the foundation of the Indian National Congress (INC).
Surendranath Banerjee laid the foundation of the party. Bal Gangadhar Tilak,
Dadabhai Naoroji, Chittaranjan Das and Jawaharlal Nehru were active leaders of
the INC. It was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi who gave a push to the party and
raised the struggle for freedom in a non-violent way. His Non-Cooperation
Movement was a great success and a stepping stone for Indian freedom struggle.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!