Accordingly the freedom fighters of India played an extensive role in getting independence for the country. Meanwhile the 'Revolt of 1857' was the first war of independence of India and the revolt started as a mutiny by the sepoys of the East India Company. The Muslim and the Hindu sepoys together began this revolt and Rani Lakshmibai, Mangal Pandey, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Nana Sahib and Tatya Tope were some of the active leaders and freedom fighters who fought in the revolt.
Meanwhile Mangal Pandey is considered as the hero in the modern India because he had played a pivotal role in beginning the revolt against the British. Rani Lakshmibai is considered as the symbol of resistance to the British rule and was one of the leading figures of the rebels in 1857.
Earlier in 1876, another movement started against
the British rule. It was the foundation of the Indian National Congress (INC).
Surendranath Banerjee laid the foundation of the party. Bal Gangadhar Tilak,
Dadabhai Naoroji, Chittaranjan Das and Jawaharlal Nehru were active leaders of
the INC. It was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi who gave a push to the party and
raised the struggle for freedom in a non-violent way. His Non-Cooperation
Movement was a great success and a stepping stone for Indian freedom struggle.
PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language Sources stated Prime Minister Narendra Modi releasing a Tamil version of his poem on Mamallapuram’s beauty has won appreciation from Tamil film personalities. When acknowledging their appreciation, the Prime Minister said, "The Tamil language is beautiful, the Tamil people are exceptional."
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed