Accordingly the freedom fighters of India played an extensive role in getting independence for the country. Meanwhile the 'Revolt of 1857' was the first war of independence of India and the revolt started as a mutiny by the sepoys of the East India Company. The Muslim and the Hindu sepoys together began this revolt and Rani Lakshmibai, Mangal Pandey, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Nana Sahib and Tatya Tope were some of the active leaders and freedom fighters who fought in the revolt.
Meanwhile Mangal Pandey is considered as the hero in the modern India because he had played a pivotal role in beginning the revolt against the British. Rani Lakshmibai is considered as the symbol of resistance to the British rule and was one of the leading figures of the rebels in 1857.
Earlier in 1876, another movement started against
the British rule. It was the foundation of the Indian National Congress (INC).
Surendranath Banerjee laid the foundation of the party. Bal Gangadhar Tilak,
Dadabhai Naoroji, Chittaranjan Das and Jawaharlal Nehru were active leaders of
the INC. It was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi who gave a push to the party and
raised the struggle for freedom in a non-violent way. His Non-Cooperation
Movement was a great success and a stepping stone for Indian freedom struggle.
Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment? Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump has expressed concern that he could be impeached when Democrats take over the House and saw it as a "real possibility", but Trump isn't certain it would happen. Accordingly a separate source close to the White House told that aides inside the West Wing believe "the only issue that may stick" in the impeachment process is the campaign
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states