New Delhi witnessed the gathering of some of India’s bravest children on January 24, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented the National Bravery Awards to them. From a 16 year old who fought off a tiger, to a 13 year old who lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning these three girls and 22 boys showed incredible bravery in the face of some very dangerous situations.
- Shivampet Ruchitha, Telangana
This 8 year old Shivampet Ruchitha became the youngest person to receive the award this year. On July 24, 2014, Ruchita saved two of her school mates when a train hit their school bus. She noticed that their bus had stopped on a railway track and a train was coming towards them. Showing extraordinary presence of mind, she pushed two students out of the window and jumped off the bus herself too. 16 students, the driver, and the conductor lost their lives in that accident. She was honored with the Geeta Chopra award.
2. Arjun Singh, Uttarakhand
In July 2014, a tiger entered 16 year old Arjun Singh’s house in Uttarakhand. He showed extreme courage and fought it off, saving his mother’s life who had fainted as soon as the tiger entered. Arjun went into a room and picked up a sickle to fight the tiger. As it was too small to hit from a distance, Arjun grabbed a stick and waved it towards the tiger and the villagers reached there and the animal ran away on seeing the crowd. Arjun received the Sanjay Chopra award.
3. Late Shivansh Singh, Uttar Pradesh
Shivansh Singh, a 14 year old medal winning swimmer from Faizabad, was posthumously honored with the prestigious Bharat Award. He lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning in the Saryu River.
4. SM. Aromal, Kerala
12 year old Aromal is one of the six winners from Kerala. He saved two women from drowning in a 14 feet pond and was honored with the Bapu Gaidhani Award
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?