New Delhi witnessed the gathering of some of India’s bravest children on January 24, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented the National Bravery Awards to them. From a 16 year old who fought off a tiger, to a 13 year old who lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning these three girls and 22 boys showed incredible bravery in the face of some very dangerous situations.
- Shivampet Ruchitha, Telangana
This 8 year old Shivampet Ruchitha became the youngest person to receive the award this year. On July 24, 2014, Ruchita saved two of her school mates when a train hit their school bus. She noticed that their bus had stopped on a railway track and a train was coming towards them. Showing extraordinary presence of mind, she pushed two students out of the window and jumped off the bus herself too. 16 students, the driver, and the conductor lost their lives in that accident. She was honored with the Geeta Chopra award.
2. Arjun Singh, Uttarakhand
In July 2014, a tiger entered 16 year old Arjun Singh’s house in Uttarakhand. He showed extreme courage and fought it off, saving his mother’s life who had fainted as soon as the tiger entered. Arjun went into a room and picked up a sickle to fight the tiger. As it was too small to hit from a distance, Arjun grabbed a stick and waved it towards the tiger and the villagers reached there and the animal ran away on seeing the crowd. Arjun received the Sanjay Chopra award.
3. Late Shivansh Singh, Uttar Pradesh
Shivansh Singh, a 14 year old medal winning swimmer from Faizabad, was posthumously honored with the prestigious Bharat Award. He lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning in the Saryu River.
4. SM. Aromal, Kerala
12 year old Aromal is one of the six winners from Kerala. He saved two women from drowning in a 14 feet pond and was honored with the Bapu Gaidhani Award
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!