New Delhi witnessed the gathering of some of India’s bravest children on January 24, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented the National Bravery Awards to them. From a 16 year old who fought off a tiger, to a 13 year old who lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning these three girls and 22 boys showed incredible bravery in the face of some very dangerous situations.
- Shivampet Ruchitha, Telangana
This 8 year old Shivampet Ruchitha became the youngest person to receive the award this year. On July 24, 2014, Ruchita saved two of her school mates when a train hit their school bus. She noticed that their bus had stopped on a railway track and a train was coming towards them. Showing extraordinary presence of mind, she pushed two students out of the window and jumped off the bus herself too. 16 students, the driver, and the conductor lost their lives in that accident. She was honored with the Geeta Chopra award.
2. Arjun Singh, Uttarakhand
In July 2014, a tiger entered 16 year old Arjun Singh’s house in Uttarakhand. He showed extreme courage and fought it off, saving his mother’s life who had fainted as soon as the tiger entered. Arjun went into a room and picked up a sickle to fight the tiger. As it was too small to hit from a distance, Arjun grabbed a stick and waved it towards the tiger and the villagers reached there and the animal ran away on seeing the crowd. Arjun received the Sanjay Chopra award.
3. Late Shivansh Singh, Uttar Pradesh
Shivansh Singh, a 14 year old medal winning swimmer from Faizabad, was posthumously honored with the prestigious Bharat Award. He lost his life while trying to save his friend from drowning in the Saryu River.
4. SM. Aromal, Kerala
12 year old Aromal is one of the six winners from Kerala. He saved two women from drowning in a 14 feet pond and was honored with the Bapu Gaidhani Award
Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. The party took many buildings on lease in Hyderabad and Vijayawada for its operations two years ago. While the party has decided to continue its central office in Madhapur, it has decided to shut down some buildings in other places.
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!