As per report Kerala's famed Nehru trophy boat race in Alappuzha has been postponed this year due to the heavy downpour and flooding in the state. Meanwhile sources from the Collectorate confirmed to TNM that the race, which was to be held on August 11th, Saturday, will be moved to a later date.
Recently the tourism department made the announcement factoring in the risks of conducting the race on the same day. Furthermore official authorities too stated that the decision was taken by the Chief Minister and that an executive meeting will be held following which an official announcement to postpone the race made to the public. Sources added the famed Nehru trophy boat race, which sees competing Chundan Vallams or snake boats, is held at the Punnamada Lake on the second Saturday of August every year and this is the 66th year of the Nehru trophy boat race.
Moreover this year, 78 boats were to contest in different categories in the race this time. Further around 25 chundan vallams (snake boats) were to participate in the 66th edition of the boat race. Presently an official announcement on the postponement of the boat race will be made on Thursday evening. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in the press meet also added that new dates for the race will also be announced.
Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. The party took many buildings on lease in Hyderabad and Vijayawada for its operations two years ago. While the party has decided to continue its central office in Madhapur, it has decided to shut down some buildings in other places.
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!