As per report Kerala's famed Nehru trophy boat race in Alappuzha has been postponed this year due to the heavy downpour and flooding in the state. Meanwhile sources from the Collectorate confirmed to TNM that the race, which was to be held on August 11th, Saturday, will be moved to a later date.
Recently the tourism department made the announcement factoring in the risks of conducting the race on the same day. Furthermore official authorities too stated that the decision was taken by the Chief Minister and that an executive meeting will be held following which an official announcement to postpone the race made to the public. Sources added the famed Nehru trophy boat race, which sees competing Chundan Vallams or snake boats, is held at the Punnamada Lake on the second Saturday of August every year and this is the 66th year of the Nehru trophy boat race.
Moreover this year, 78 boats were to contest in different categories in the race this time. Further around 25 chundan vallams (snake boats) were to participate in the 66th edition of the boat race. Presently an official announcement on the postponement of the boat race will be made on Thursday evening. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in the press meet also added that new dates for the race will also be announced.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?