As per report yesterday, the world’s largest furniture retailer, IKEA, opened its flagship store in a sprawling 20 acre campus in the city's busiest locations, Hitech City. Meanwhile with a vision to provide world class furniture at affordable prices, the Swedish manufacturer chose Hyderabad to make its first footprint into India with its 4 lakh square foot outlet.
Presently IKEA offers trendy furniture and home accessories from kitchenware to dining products. Moreover IKEA Hyderabad will function with a workforce of 950 employees, the largest headcount among its stores world over. Furthermore the Indian furniture market will face a tough time with IKEA's entry, which is expected to trigger a price war.
Hence on the flip side, the Sweden based company
already faces a legal challenge in the form of a Public Interest Litigation
filed by Congress leader Revanth Reddy, who claims that the Telangana
government allotted the land, which was supposed to be offered to IT companies,
without inviting tenders. Further Revanth Reddy alleged that the government
suffered a huge loss of Rs 500 crore by giving the land away.
World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE In the list of countries where women do not have safety, India has topped, in a huge shocker for the nation. England based Thomas Reuters charitable organization had conducted a survey for the welfare of women, on the list of countries totally unsafe for women. The survey was conducted considering a total of 193 countries of the world.
- Baba Ramdev supporting STERLITE
- Another Survivor opens up about Lyricist Vairamuthu
- Jana Sena running out of cash
- A Shameful incident at the famous Kanaka Durga temple
- Why IT officials threw CM Ramesh's wife mobile into dustbin?
- Kerala celebrates Vijayadasami specially
- Why Parents enroll their kids in a preschool on Vijayadasami?
- Eastern India celebrates Vijayadasami in a different way
- Importance of Vijayadasami in different parts of India
- KCR to pen to One Crore Households
- Revathy's complaint goes against her!
- Siddharth the only supporter of Chinmayi!
- BJP fights Sabarimala verdict!
- "I can live in Pakistan than South India" - Siddhu speech gets viral!
- Tamilisai Soundararajan ridiculed Kamal Hassan