As per report yesterday, the world’s largest furniture retailer, IKEA, opened its flagship store in a sprawling 20 acre campus in the city's busiest locations, Hitech City. Meanwhile with a vision to provide world class furniture at affordable prices, the Swedish manufacturer chose Hyderabad to make its first footprint into India with its 4 lakh square foot outlet.
Presently IKEA offers trendy furniture and home accessories from kitchenware to dining products. Moreover IKEA Hyderabad will function with a workforce of 950 employees, the largest headcount among its stores world over. Furthermore the Indian furniture market will face a tough time with IKEA's entry, which is expected to trigger a price war.
Hence on the flip side, the Sweden based company
already faces a legal challenge in the form of a Public Interest Litigation
filed by Congress leader Revanth Reddy, who claims that the Telangana
government allotted the land, which was supposed to be offered to IT companies,
without inviting tenders. Further Revanth Reddy alleged that the government
suffered a huge loss of Rs 500 crore by giving the land away.
J. Jayalalitha Probe case summoned by 3 AIIMS Doctors Chennai sources added that he Justice A Arumughaswamy Commission of Inquiry, probing the circumstances leading to former Chief Minister J Jayalalitha's death, has summoned three doctors of AIIMS, who examined her at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, to appear before it on August 23 and 24.
- Kerala to receive Flood relief from AP & Telangana
- Pregnant Woman at Kerala flood delivered Baby Boy
- Kerala MLA highlights threat to Chenganur!
- UAE forms emergency committee to help Kerala!
- Imran Khan extends sympathies to people of India in grief for Vajpayee
- Sachin's condolences for Vajpayee!
- Flood alert for 11 districts of TN!
- 58 year Norway Minister having great time with 28 year Iranian Girlfriend
- List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?