As per latest report India has the potential to generate e-commerce value of over $50 billion by driving awareness, usage and transactions among the current and next set of Internet users and shoppers. Meanwhile more than 500 million Indians will constitute the next wave of online consumers, according to a report jointly released by Bain & Company, Google and investment firm Omidyar Network.
Presently with an online buyer spending on an average $224 per year, e-commerce retail shopping in India is 10% of what Chinese spend, according to the report. Reports added that only 40% of India's 390 million Internet users transact online, said the report titled and it added "Unlocking Digital for Bharat: $50 Billion Opportunity". India on an average adds 40 million new Internet users per year to online transactions.
Arpan Sheth, Partner,
Bain & Company and one of the authors of the report said in a statement "While
online spends are still low given lower per capita incomes, there is huge
potential to unlock value by addressing user concerns at various stages of the
digital curve; however, the path won't be easy for businesses and they will
have to innovate and be patient to monetize this user base and generate value".
Furthermore of the 390 million Internet users, 80% are from affluent
socioeconomic segments and penetration among lower income segments is only
13%, the findings showed.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue