Chennai sources stated that the overall value of the IPL ecosystem grew 18.8 per cent to USD 6.3 billion from USD 5.3 billion in 2017, mostly due to the surge in the broadcasting rights fee. Meanwhile the Mumbai Indians, with a brand value of USD 113 million, continues to top the charts for the third season in a row.
Accordingly Star India, the new broadcasting partner for the Indian Premier League (IPL), increased the broadcast rights fee by 18.9%. Furthermore under Star, content delivery expanded to its various regional channels with commentary in eight different languages and hence this resulted in increased viewership of IPL matches, according to the IPL Brand Valuation Report 2018 prepared by Duff & Phelps, a global valuation and corporate finance adviser.
Varun Gupta, MD, Duff & Phelps and Asia Pacific
leader for valuation advisory services said “Star India’s broadcasting rights
deal was a game changer that put IPL on par with some of the biggest sporting
leagues in the world (on a fee per match basis) and the change in content
consumption, influx of over the top (OTT) and digital viewing platforms and
increased support from advertisers, broadcasters and sponsors have given the
IPL greater significance in terms of brand value”. Further the 11th season of
the cash rich league in 2018 also witnessed the importance of OTT sports
viewership, which has become an established and fast growing market.
Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held According to sources two persons were arrested on Monday after a WhatsApp exchange on a plan to allegedly kill Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while they were apparently drunk, police said as the minister paid a visit to Dharchula town in this district of Uttarakhand. Meanwhile the police were alerted to the message at 9:30 pm on Sunday. Pithoragarh SP Ramchandra Rajguru said the two
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai