Chennai sources stated that the overall value of the IPL ecosystem grew 18.8 per cent to USD 6.3 billion from USD 5.3 billion in 2017, mostly due to the surge in the broadcasting rights fee. Meanwhile the Mumbai Indians, with a brand value of USD 113 million, continues to top the charts for the third season in a row.
Accordingly Star India, the new broadcasting partner for the Indian Premier League (IPL), increased the broadcast rights fee by 18.9%. Furthermore under Star, content delivery expanded to its various regional channels with commentary in eight different languages and hence this resulted in increased viewership of IPL matches, according to the IPL Brand Valuation Report 2018 prepared by Duff & Phelps, a global valuation and corporate finance adviser.
Varun Gupta, MD, Duff & Phelps and Asia Pacific
leader for valuation advisory services said “Star India’s broadcasting rights
deal was a game changer that put IPL on par with some of the biggest sporting
leagues in the world (on a fee per match basis) and the change in content
consumption, influx of over the top (OTT) and digital viewing platforms and
increased support from advertisers, broadcasters and sponsors have given the
IPL greater significance in terms of brand value”. Further the 11th season of
the cash rich league in 2018 also witnessed the importance of OTT sports
viewership, which has become an established and fast growing market.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers