Accordingly as the Walmart-Flipkart deal received a nod from the Competition Commission of India, the government of India will gain a windfall tax collection of $2 billion or Rs 13,000 crore, and according to a report it may be recalled that much before the deal was officially announced by both the parties, the Indian Income Tax authorities wrote a soft communication to both of them raising the issue, explaining that there will be tax implications in the deal and that if either Walmart or Flipkart.
Meanwhile Walmart took its time to respond to this letter but it eventually did, confirming that it believes in complete compliance with local regulations in all the countries that it operates in and that it will abide by the Indian laws as well. Presently it is learnt that Walmart will now issue cheques to the different stake holders after retaining the tax component and issue the certificates to them after remitting it to the government.
Moreover the sellers like SoftBank have also
reconciled to receiving the net amount from Walmart after tax deductions. Furthermore
it its case the liability could be in the region of $600 million and SoftBank
alone would gain around 60% on the amounts it had invested in Flipkart.
New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020 Accordingly Vizhinjam Port, one of Kerala's dream projects that have been hanging fire for over 25 years, will be commissioned in October 2020. Meanwhile when addressing reporters in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, Rajesh Jha, CEO, Adani Vizhinjam Port Pvt Ltd, said that even though the original agreement was to complete the work and commission the port in 1,425 days, due to some issues it has been postponed to October 2020.
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir