Hyderabad sources added that after citing security concerns, Osmania University declined permission for Congress chief Rahul Gandhi's proposed meeting with students on its campus during his visit to the state on August 13 and 14. Meanwhile the University Registrar Ch Gopal Reddy said they declined permission as they had no mechanism to provide security to the Congress leader.
Furthermore he said they might review the decision if local police or any other government agency such as the special protection group (SPG) assures the University of Gandhi's security and “They declined the permission on security grounds, since Rahul Gandhi is a person under 'Z' plus category security cover, we will not be able to provide security for him”.
Moreover Reddy told “So we told the group of
students about their inability to provide enough security for his visit”.
Accordingly Telangana Congress leaders had earlier
said Gandhi would address students at the campus during his visit.
Moreover when asked about the proposed meeting at the University, Telangana
Pradesh Congress Committee president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said university
students had invited Gandhi. Further he alleged that some senior leaders of the
ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) did not want Gandhi to visit the
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome