Hyderabad sources added that after citing security concerns, Osmania University declined permission for Congress chief Rahul Gandhi's proposed meeting with students on its campus during his visit to the state on August 13 and 14. Meanwhile the University Registrar Ch Gopal Reddy said they declined permission as they had no mechanism to provide security to the Congress leader.
Furthermore he said they might review the decision if local police or any other government agency such as the special protection group (SPG) assures the University of Gandhi's security and “They declined the permission on security grounds, since Rahul Gandhi is a person under 'Z' plus category security cover, we will not be able to provide security for him”.
Moreover Reddy told “So we told the group of
students about their inability to provide enough security for his visit”.
Accordingly Telangana Congress leaders had earlier
said Gandhi would address students at the campus during his visit.
Moreover when asked about the proposed meeting at the University, Telangana
Pradesh Congress Committee president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said university
students had invited Gandhi. Further he alleged that some senior leaders of the
ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) did not want Gandhi to visit the
Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic Sources from Tokyo stated that Toyota announced on Tuesday it was creating a joint venture with Panasonic to develop batteries for electric cars, as the Japanese auto giant ramps up its ambitions for electric powered vehicles. Accordingly the Prius manufacturer said in a statement the firm will be set up by 2020 and controlled 51-49% by Toyota.
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish