Hyderabad sources added that after citing security concerns, Osmania University declined permission for Congress chief Rahul Gandhi's proposed meeting with students on its campus during his visit to the state on August 13 and 14. Meanwhile the University Registrar Ch Gopal Reddy said they declined permission as they had no mechanism to provide security to the Congress leader.
Furthermore he said they might review the decision if local police or any other government agency such as the special protection group (SPG) assures the University of Gandhi's security and “They declined the permission on security grounds, since Rahul Gandhi is a person under 'Z' plus category security cover, we will not be able to provide security for him”.
Moreover Reddy told “So we told the group of
students about their inability to provide enough security for his visit”.
Accordingly Telangana Congress leaders had earlier
said Gandhi would address students at the campus during his visit.
Moreover when asked about the proposed meeting at the University, Telangana
Pradesh Congress Committee president N Uttam Kumar Reddy said university
students had invited Gandhi. Further he alleged that some senior leaders of the
ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) did not want Gandhi to visit the
Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem! Yesterday, India and Pakistan clashed for the second time in this edition of Asia Cup, and there are huge anticipations over whether Pakistan will take revenge for its league match loss or if India will extend their winning streak. As expected India won the match by a huge margin. In such a situation
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)