Sources from Chennai stated that heavy rain is likely to occur in isolated places over Ghat areas of Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Theni, Dindigul and Tirunelveli districts of Tamilnadu. Accordingly the sky condition in Chennai and suburbs is likely to be cloudy with thunder clouds towards evening or night and light rain forecast in some areas.
Moreover, even after fairly hot day, Chennai and suburbs on Thursday late night recorded light at isolated places. A weatherman said “According to IMD observatory at Nungambakkam recorded 14 mm of rainfall between 7 and 9 pm. Similarly, there is a high possibility that the same weather condition will prevail for two more days”. Meanwhile when speaking to DC, Dr S. Balachandran, director of Area Cyclone Warning Centre, said, “As southwest monsoon is picking up steam in Kerala, there is a rise in temperature level in the city and as a consequence, there will be convective rainfall (veppa chalanam).”
Furthermore he added thunderstorm
activities in Chennai will give mild rain during Friday late night. K.
Srikanth, a weather blogger at Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam, said, “Numerical
models indicate a developing upper air cyclonic circulation over Bay of Bengal,
which is likely to descend into a low-pressure after a very few days.”
Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker? There are still 35 days to get the results in AP but YSRCP leaders are in cloud nine. Their feet not stand on the floor. They show that much confidence on their victory. As per buzz, Prashant Kishore report gives YSRCP confidence more.
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin