Meanwhile on Sunday, DMK party president MK Stalin announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore on behalf of the party towards the Kerala Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund, while the Lulu Group in Kerala said it will contribute Rs 5 crore. Accordingly an official release issued by the DMK stated that following the incessant rains and subsequent flooding in Kerala, many people have been impacted and properties worth crores have been affected.
Furthermore in view of the same, on behalf of the DMK, the party’s working president MK Stalin would donate Rs 1 crore for the relief fund. Moreover when announcing the contribution of Rs 5 crore towards the flood relief efforts, the Lulu Group Chairman and Managing Director MA Yussuf Ali said, “This is one the worst times for Kerala and my heart goes out to the people who’s suffering are beyond imagination and just prayed and hope that we all come together at these testing times, to save lives of millions of our brothers and sisters.”
Earlier on Saturday, actors Suriya and Karthi had announced that they would be contributing Rs 25 lakh towards the Kerala flood relief fund. Tamilnadu actor politician Kamal Hassan too contributed Rs 25 lakh towards the flood relief efforts. Recently Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan took to his official Facebook page to state “Kamal Hassan has understood the unprecedented situation in Kerala due to the floods and has given Rs 25 lakh to the relief fund. Vijay TV has also contributed Rs 25 lakh.” Further it has also been reported that the Nadigar Sangam has donated Rs 5 lakh to the Kerala Chief Minister's Distress Relief Fund.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment