By election is all set to be conducted for Thiruvarur constituency, where late DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi was the MLA. Following health issues and age related ailments, DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away on Tuesday evening 6:10 pm at Kauvery hospital. In such a situation, DMK leader Karunanidhi's constituency Thiruvarur has been declared vacant, and the by election for the constituency will be held in less than 6 months duration.
Of the total TN assembly strength of 234, AIADMK has 116, DMK has 88, while Congress has 8 MLAs. Indian Muslim league has 1mla while there's an independent candidate as well, and 18 ADMK MLAs were disqualified. Thiruparankundram and Thiruvarur constituencies are vacant after deaths of MLA TK Bose and Kalaignar M Karunanidhi. This is the first instance of Stalin facing elections in Karunanidhi's absence and it is expected that he'll soon become president of DMK, and he's in extreme pressure to win both these constituency.
While it was rumored
that Udhayanidhi Stalin might contest election from Thiruvarur it had been
dismissed and it's been said that someone senior and close to Karunanidhi might
be fielded in Thiruvarur as DMK candidate.
TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter Meanwhile when taking to social media, Uttam had said, "Unlike KTR, who received everything on a platter due to his father and caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he is a first generation politician who worked hard to reach where he is. Meanwhile to say that KCR had any role isn’t just blatantly false, but also childish. You and your family have positions today because Congress gave Telangana."
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP