New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to announce benefits for about 32 crore Jan Dhan account holders in his Independence Day address this week to provide a boost to the government's financial inclusion drive. Meanwhile official sources said “There could be a doubling of overdraft facility to Rs 10,000 under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) account holders as part of the government's effort to fund the unfunded”.
The sources said the government may announce attractive micro insurance scheme on the occasion. Moreover the free accident cover under the RuPay Card holders could be increased from Rs 1 lakh and hence the Phase II of PMJDY will come to an end on August 15 and the scheme would be due for a revamp with further goals, further adding that the Prime Minister's Independence Day speech would be the best platform to make announcement.
Accordingly PMJDY, the flagship financial inclusion
drive, was launched in August 2014 and the first phase ended on August 14, 2015
was focused on opening basic bank accounts and RuPay debit card. Previously in
the last four years, 32.25 crore PMJDY accounts have been opened with Rs
80,674.82 crore outstanding balance. Presently in addition, the government may
raise the pension limit under Atal Pension Yojana (APY), announced in 2015-16,
to up to Rs 10,000 per month from the existing slab of up to Rs 5,000.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar