According to sources it was in 1998, under Atal Bihari Vajpayee government that the compensation for the families of the martyrs was first revised after which it has been revised this year, after a gap of 18 years. Meanwhile the revision will be covered under the Seventh Pay Commission that would come into effect from January 1, 2017 and it will benefit the families of martyrs like Lance Naik Hanumanthappa K.
10 lakh to 25 lakh
Circular states, “For deaths occurring due to accidents in the course of performance of duties, the compensation has been increased from the existing Rs 10 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.” The amount will be given to the kin of the soldier dying in any kind of accidents while performing their duties.
Compensation increased by Rs 20 lakh
Families of those soldiers killed during taking part in border encounters and action against militants and extremists, the compensation has been increased by Rs 20 lakh. According to official statement, “the families of soldiers who died in skirmishes in the recent incidents on the LoC would get Rs 35 lakh as compensation, which was earlier Rs 15 lakh.
Compensation in war engagements Rs 45 lakh
Compensation for deaths occurring during enemy action in war or war like engagements, in a war torn zone in foreign country, has been increased from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 45 lakh.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!