According to sources it was in 1998, under Atal Bihari Vajpayee government that the compensation for the families of the martyrs was first revised after which it has been revised this year, after a gap of 18 years. Meanwhile the revision will be covered under the Seventh Pay Commission that would come into effect from January 1, 2017 and it will benefit the families of martyrs like Lance Naik Hanumanthappa K.
10 lakh to 25 lakh
Circular states, “For deaths occurring due to accidents in the course of performance of duties, the compensation has been increased from the existing Rs 10 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.” The amount will be given to the kin of the soldier dying in any kind of accidents while performing their duties.
Compensation increased by Rs 20 lakh
Families of those soldiers killed during taking part in border encounters and action against militants and extremists, the compensation has been increased by Rs 20 lakh. According to official statement, “the families of soldiers who died in skirmishes in the recent incidents on the LoC would get Rs 35 lakh as compensation, which was earlier Rs 15 lakh.
Compensation in war engagements Rs 45 lakh
Compensation for deaths occurring during enemy action in war or war like engagements, in a war torn zone in foreign country, has been increased from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 45 lakh.
Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran San Francisco sources reported that US President Donald Trump is unlikely to get the boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran with dire consequences as the micro blogging site sees the world leaders with a different lens. Meanwhile in a tweet recently, Trump warned his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani that if Tehran threatened the US again, it would suffer "consequences the likes of which few have ever suffered before".
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!