Furthermore when terming its MLA Gagan Bhagat's remarks backing articles 370 and 35A of the Constitution as "unfortunate", the BJP's Jammu and Kashmir unit said it would file a defamation suit against former Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti for "wrongly" attributing the remarks to two BJP MLAs.
Meanwhile when seeking to clarify that the remarks backing Article 35 A was made only by Mr. Bhagat and not another BJP MLA Rajesh Gupta, the state BJP's chief spokesperson Sunil Sethi said Mehbooba Mufti wrongly attributed the remarks to both the legislators. Further stating that Mr. Bhagat crossed the "Lakshman Rekha" by extending support to the two constitutional provisions, which form bedrock of separatism in the state, Mr. Sethi said the party's disciplinary committee has already submitted its report to the party president for necessary action against him.
Mr. Sethi said there is no ideological difference
within the party over the issue of Article 370 and Article 35A of the
constitution. Moreover he said the Article 35A is because of the Article 370
which is the main reason for separatism in the state. Further on Mr. Bhagat's
remarks, he said his statements defending the constitutional provisions are
against the party and its interests and the disciplinary committee of the party
has taken serious note of it and submitted its report to the party president
for appropriate action.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers