Hyderabad sources stated that Jama Masjid Aiwan which is popularly known as the 'Spanish Mosque' for its Moorish architecture, the heritage masjid, for the first time, has invited people from all religions to visit it on August 15, between 10 am and 7 pm, as part of the 'Visit My Mosque' program. Meanwhile an official said the 112 year old historic mosque in Begumpet area, maintained by the Paigahs, an aristocratic family, was built in 1906 and known for its intrinsic beauty and unique architectural style blending Moorish and Turkish features.
M A Faiz Khan, a member of the Paigah family and 'mutavalli' (caretaker) of the mosque, said "We invite people from all religions to attend the 'Visit My Mosque' program. Moreover this initiative promotes national integrity and communal harmony and it is an opportunity to meet, share and experience the values and culture of the Indian Muslim community".
Furthermore Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH),
Telangana, co-convener P Anuradha Reddy said the mosque was distinctive in more
than one way. Moreover when describing it as a fascinating architectural gem of
the city, she said the mosque has a fairy-tale appearance with unique minarets
and a matching dome. Moreover Reddy said she had visited the Masjid-e-Quba in
Mehdipatnam here in June this year as part of the 'Open mosque program'.
Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP? Even before Telugu Desam Party could come out of the shock from the defection of four Rajya Sabha members from Telugu Desam Party – Y S Chowdary, T G Venkatesh, C M Ramesh, and Garikapati Mohan Rao, senior leader, and former MP from Narsaraopet Rayapati Sambasiva Rao is also all set to quit the party and join the BJP.
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage