According to sources Tamilnadu Revenue and Disaster Management Department Minister RB Udayakumar spoke to the media in Chennai and stated that people have been evacuated from the low lying areas of Salem, Erode, and Namakkal districts following flood alerts issued in parts of the state. Meanwhile as per report heavy rains in Karnataka have resulted in the filling of the Mettur reservoir to its maximum capacity of 120 feet and the influx of water into the dam is at 1.3 lakh cusecs.
Accordingly the minister stated that inter-department zonal disaster management teams have been called to monitor the situation as the water release from Mettur reservoir has reached 1.35 lakh cusecs. Meanwhile an advisory has been issued to villagers living along the Cauvery River to maintain a safe distance and to not go into the river for bathing, fishing or any other tasks.
Presently heavy rains are expected in the districts of Nilgiris,
Coimbatore, Theni, Dindigul and Tirunelveli on Monday and Tuesday, as per the
Met Department. Previously in Trichy, PWD officials have begun to release
excess water flowing in from the Mettur reservoir into the Kollidam River,
rendering it to a total of 71,000 cusecs from 18,000 as of Sunday evening and the
state government has also instructed local bodies to erect warning boards on
either side of low level bridges and causeways about the flood situation.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!