DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away last week, and following his death, the first general body meeting of the DMK party will be held today, presided by leader MK Stalin. The Meeting is set to happen amidst the cold war between Alagiri, Stalin, and Kanimozhi as Alagiri and Kanimozhi are competing for the same role in the party.
In this meeting which will begin at 11.30 am in Arivalayam more than 750 members including District secretaries, party members, general body members, MLAs, district members are expected to participate. The main agenda of the meeting is to offer condolences to kalaignar M Karunanidhi.
It is also expected that in the general body meeting, MK Stalin will be announced as the next president of DMK, and on the other end, huge chaos is expected as yesterday after visiting Karunanidhi memorial, Alagiri had said that he has the support of majority DMK members. It has been reported that he's contending for the role and of DMK secretary while Kanimozhi has also demanded the same. A decision on the next secretary of DMK party might also be selected in today's DMK general body meeting.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!