New Delhi sources stated that the saying goes that the Taj Mahal is pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening, and golden when the moon shines. Even though this may once have been true for the famously pristine marble monument, a mixture of pollution and poor management has now burdened the Taj with a 24 hour layer of yellowy brown. Meanwhile when condemning the “lethargy” of restoration efforts, India’s Supreme Court recently told the government to restore Taj or demolish it.
Furthermore over the last four centuries the Taj has aged and darkened as a result of natural oxidation processes the marble equivalent of rust but it has been given no help by its hostile surroundings. Presently it has been drenched in acid rain, coated in soot from industrial and domestic chimneys, and eroded by atmospheric pollutants.
Reports added that air pollution in Indian cities
is legendary, and Agra is no exception. As in many Asian cities, increasing car
ownership has caused traffic to surge, while dirty air seeps from Agra’s oil
refinery and tannery chimneys. Moreover these pollutants sulphur dioxide, Nox
gases, and mainly carbon based particulates have steadily weathered and eroded
the Taj’s brilliant white facade, giving it a yellow sheen. Further the smoky
funeral pyres are lit, and piles of rubbish are regularly burned very close to
the buildings and pollution from the Yamuna River presents a further challenge.
Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years According to sources Air India on Thursday resumed flights to Iraq after a 30 year gap, when a plane carrying Shiite pilgrims landed in the city of Najaf. Pradeep Singh Rajpurohit, India's ambassador to Iraq, at the international airport that serves the Shiite holy city said "This is the first time in the last 30 years" that a plane has come from India to Iraq”.
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light