As per report following unprecedented rainfall recorded in Kerala over the past few weeks, the death toll in the state due to rain related calamities has risen to 37. Meanwhile as many as 1,01,213 people have lost their homes due to floods and landslides in different parts of the state and are currently being housed at relief camps.
Accordingly close to 1,023 camps have been opened in the flood hit districts of Kochi, Palakkad, Malappuram, Idukki etc where 13,857 families have been housed. Presently according to the damage assessment that was done the rains have also destroyed 243 houses completely, and partially ruined 4,392 houses in the state. Meanwhile CM Pinarayi Vijayan in a memorandum submitted to the centre as per the preliminary assessment, the rains have caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore.
Earlier on Sunday Union Home Minister Rajnath
Singh along with tourism minister KJ Alphons undertook an aerial survey of the
flood hit parts of Idukki district where the Cheruthoni dam shutters had been
opened to release water. Moreover during a telephonic conversation between CM
Pinarayi and Rajnath Singh earlier on, the Home Minister offered all possible
help to Kerala for the flood relief operations. Further on Saturday, CM
Pinarayi Vijayan, opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala and chief secretary Tom
Jose had undertaken an aerial survey in the flood hit parts of Idukki.
Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019 Chennai sources stated that actor turned politician Rajinikanth confirmed that his party will not contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. Meanwhile in a statement, he warned the media not to use his photograph or party symbol for any propaganda. He said "His party has no support in the upcoming parliamentary election to any parties. So no one should use my photo or flags in the name of Rajini
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day