As per report following unprecedented rainfall recorded in Kerala over the past few weeks, the death toll in the state due to rain related calamities has risen to 37. Meanwhile as many as 1,01,213 people have lost their homes due to floods and landslides in different parts of the state and are currently being housed at relief camps.
Accordingly close to 1,023 camps have been opened in the flood hit districts of Kochi, Palakkad, Malappuram, Idukki etc where 13,857 families have been housed. Presently according to the damage assessment that was done the rains have also destroyed 243 houses completely, and partially ruined 4,392 houses in the state. Meanwhile CM Pinarayi Vijayan in a memorandum submitted to the centre as per the preliminary assessment, the rains have caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore.
Earlier on Sunday Union Home Minister Rajnath
Singh along with tourism minister KJ Alphons undertook an aerial survey of the
flood hit parts of Idukki district where the Cheruthoni dam shutters had been
opened to release water. Moreover during a telephonic conversation between CM
Pinarayi and Rajnath Singh earlier on, the Home Minister offered all possible
help to Kerala for the flood relief operations. Further on Saturday, CM
Pinarayi Vijayan, opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala and chief secretary Tom
Jose had undertaken an aerial survey in the flood hit parts of Idukki.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy