As per report following unprecedented rainfall recorded in Kerala over the past few weeks, the death toll in the state due to rain related calamities has risen to 37. Meanwhile as many as 1,01,213 people have lost their homes due to floods and landslides in different parts of the state and are currently being housed at relief camps.
Accordingly close to 1,023 camps have been opened in the flood hit districts of Kochi, Palakkad, Malappuram, Idukki etc where 13,857 families have been housed. Presently according to the damage assessment that was done the rains have also destroyed 243 houses completely, and partially ruined 4,392 houses in the state. Meanwhile CM Pinarayi Vijayan in a memorandum submitted to the centre as per the preliminary assessment, the rains have caused an approximate material loss of Rs 8,315 crore.
Earlier on Sunday Union Home Minister Rajnath
Singh along with tourism minister KJ Alphons undertook an aerial survey of the
flood hit parts of Idukki district where the Cheruthoni dam shutters had been
opened to release water. Moreover during a telephonic conversation between CM
Pinarayi and Rajnath Singh earlier on, the Home Minister offered all possible
help to Kerala for the flood relief operations. Further on Saturday, CM
Pinarayi Vijayan, opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala and chief secretary Tom
Jose had undertaken an aerial survey in the flood hit parts of Idukki.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?