Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation on Wednesday on the occasion of Independence Day from the ramparts of the Red Fort, and is likely to announce pilot projects of Ayushman Bharat in select district hospitals and also push for financial inclusion. Meanwhile the speech this year will be live streamed on Google and YouTube. Prasar Bharti has tied up with Google to broadcast the prime minister's speech live so that it reaches more people.
Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati told "Live stream of the Independence Day event from Red Fort is a high viewership event. Meanwhile in order to give it greater visibility, both in India and abroad, we partnered with Google and moreover apart from YouTube, it will be available on Google's homepage". Moreover in addition to this, close to 2,000 people from rural areas also wrote letters to Modi and the suggestions ranged from job creation, education, digitization, family planning and healthcare.
Reports added Modi is likely to announce the
launch of the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme (AB-NHPS) on a
pilot basis in some states on Wednesday, with the full scale roll-out of the
project expected by September end. Further Modi is also expected to announce benefits
for about 32 crore Jan Dhan account holders in his address to provide a boost
to the government's financial inclusion drive.
Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown As per report India's Nehal Chudasama failed to make it to the Top 20 of the Miss Universe 2018 pageant, where Catriona Elisa Gray from Philippines pipped 93 contestants from around the world to emerge the winner as chosen by an all women jury. Reportedly India had pinned high hopes on Nehal, 22, to end a long drought for the country at the pageant as Lara Dutta had last brought back the crown in 2000.
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak
- KCR planning something big against Naidu politically
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia
- KTR becomes TRS Working President
- I have strength to defeat PM: MK Stalin
- KCRs First Election Promise been fulfilled
- Bangladesh celebrated 47th Victory Day
- IMD says Cyclone Phethai was 270 km off coast of Kakinada
- Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ