Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation on Wednesday on the occasion of Independence Day from the ramparts of the Red Fort, and is likely to announce pilot projects of Ayushman Bharat in select district hospitals and also push for financial inclusion. Meanwhile the speech this year will be live streamed on Google and YouTube. Prasar Bharti has tied up with Google to broadcast the prime minister's speech live so that it reaches more people.
Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati told "Live stream of the Independence Day event from Red Fort is a high viewership event. Meanwhile in order to give it greater visibility, both in India and abroad, we partnered with Google and moreover apart from YouTube, it will be available on Google's homepage". Moreover in addition to this, close to 2,000 people from rural areas also wrote letters to Modi and the suggestions ranged from job creation, education, digitization, family planning and healthcare.
Reports added Modi is likely to announce the
launch of the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme (AB-NHPS) on a
pilot basis in some states on Wednesday, with the full scale roll-out of the
project expected by September end. Further Modi is also expected to announce benefits
for about 32 crore Jan Dhan account holders in his address to provide a boost
to the government's financial inclusion drive.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!