Accordingly Lord Mountbatten had been given a mandate by the British parliament to transfer the power by June 30, 1948. Meanwhile if he had waited till June 1948, in C Rajagopalachari’s memorable words, there would have been no power left to transfer and Mountbatten thus advanced the date to August 1947.
Furthermore at that time, Mountbatten claimed that by advancing the date, he was ensuring that there will be no bloodshed or riot. He was, of course, to be proven wrong, although he later tried to justify is by saying that “wherever colonial rule has ended, there has been bloodshed and that is the price you pay.”
based on Mountbatten’s inputs the Indian Independence Bill was introduced in
the British House of Commons on July 4, 1947 and passed within a fortnight. It
provided for the end of the British rule in India, on August 15, 1947, and the
establishment of the Dominions of India and Pakistan, which were allowed to
secede from the British Commonwealth.
Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon? Chennai sources stated that with both the prime political camps in Tamil Nadu finalising their alliances for the ensuring Lok Sabha elections, all eyes are now on 'Captain' Vijayakanth to see which way the former Kollywood hero would swing. Meanwhile his wife Premalatha, who speaks most of the political content from the DMDK after his illness, had promised the media persons at the Chennai
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations