The Madurai bench of the Chennai high court has ordered the transfer of all the cases related to the Thoothukudi Sterlite shootout to CBI. After 15 PILs were filed in relation to the Thoothukudi shootout, Justice CT Selvam and Basheer after hearing the arguments, ordered the transfer of the cases filed by Thoothukudi police in connection to the 22 May 2018 protests against Sterlite to the CBI.
The bench also ordered the CBI to form a special team to look into all the aspects of the case and analyze it from all angles and reach the bottom of the truth and has given four months of time to submit its report. With regard to the shootout, the court has said that even though it was not premeditated, it has been clear that the police standing order 03 was not followed, and ordered the DGP of police to modify police standing orders in connection to firearms, so as to prevent similar issues in future.
It also directed the Home Secretary
of TN Government to bring the Temporary Suspension of telecom services rule
2017, as per the norms set by United Nations special reporter on right to
freedom of expression and opinion.
Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019 New Delhi sources stated that Reliance Jio on Friday announced a New Year offer under which it offers 100% cash back on a recharge of Rs 399 in the form of coupons that can be availed on e-commerce portal AJIO. Jio said in a statement "Jio in partnership with AJIO has introduced its Jio Happy New Year Offer. The offer provides 100% cash back in form of AJIO coupon. Customers performing
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport