DMK Chief MK Stalin had expressed that he had held the hands of Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy and had begged him to allot his father Karunanidhi a place for his memorial near the Anna memorial in Marina. Following the sad demise of DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi last Tuesday at the Kauvery hospital, Chennai, the first general body meeting of DMK party was held yesterday at Arivalayam, and the meeting was presided over MK Stalin and was attended by almost all the important members of DMK, including people like J Anbazhagan, TR Balu, who said that Stalin must become the next chief of the party officially.
Following this, senior member Durai Murugan had spoken in a touching manner, on his relationship with Karunanidhi, and then Stalin gave a very saddening speech. He said that he could not imagine a general body meeting of DMk without Karunanidhi, and added that while the party has lost its leader, he has lost his father. Stalin said that Karunanidhi had expressed to him long back that he wanted his memorial near Anna, and following this, Durai Murugan had given a petition to CM.
Stalin added that he had decided to
lose anything to make this happen, and then met Edappadi Palanisamy at his
residence, and begged to hold his hands. Even after this act, as the government
was not paying heed to his request, he had to seek the legal help and was
finally able to fulfill Karunanidhi's last wish, and Stalin said that credits
must go to the senior lawyer Wilson who helped DMK win the case.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries