DMK Chief MK Stalin had expressed that he had held the hands of Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy and had begged him to allot his father Karunanidhi a place for his memorial near the Anna memorial in Marina. Following the sad demise of DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi last Tuesday at the Kauvery hospital, Chennai, the first general body meeting of DMK party was held yesterday at Arivalayam, and the meeting was presided over MK Stalin and was attended by almost all the important members of DMK, including people like J Anbazhagan, TR Balu, who said that Stalin must become the next chief of the party officially.
Following this, senior member Durai Murugan had spoken in a touching manner, on his relationship with Karunanidhi, and then Stalin gave a very saddening speech. He said that he could not imagine a general body meeting of DMk without Karunanidhi, and added that while the party has lost its leader, he has lost his father. Stalin said that Karunanidhi had expressed to him long back that he wanted his memorial near Anna, and following this, Durai Murugan had given a petition to CM.
Stalin added that he had decided to
lose anything to make this happen, and then met Edappadi Palanisamy at his
residence, and begged to hold his hands. Even after this act, as the government
was not paying heed to his request, he had to seek the legal help and was
finally able to fulfill Karunanidhi's last wish, and Stalin said that credits
must go to the senior lawyer Wilson who helped DMK win the case.
Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment New Delhi sources stated that Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya"s absence will "hurt" the visitors in the upcoming Test series against Australia and the series starts on December 6 in Adelaide. Presently Pandya is undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a lower back injury during the Asia Cup in Dubai last September.
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru