The whole of Tamilnadu has been facing heavy rains. Following huge rainfall in Chennai and suburban areas, from today evening, the normalcy of life has been affected. Due to the formation of low pressure in the Bay of Bengal, the Meteorological Department of Chennai had yesterday announced that there will be heavy rainfall in Chennai, Pondicherry, Theni, Nilgiris, Coimbatore cities.
After this announcement, there were heavy rains throughout Tamilnadu, with the major chunk of it accumulated in Thiruvannamalai, Kanchipuram, Kanyakumari, Chennai, and Vellore. Post afternoon, Chennai's Adyar and Mylapore zones faced huge rainfall, and after a brief pause for a while in the evening, again it started raining heavily by evening, and due to continuous and uninterrupted rainfall for more than hours, normal life of people was impacted.
In suburban areas, there were heavy rains with thunder and lightning, and due to the arrival and rush caused due to sudden rains during school and office closure times, there was heavy traffic. The meteorological department of Chennai has also said that there will be more rains.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues