As per latest report the cause of this fall has been attributed to fears over a rise in global protectionist measures, along with a strong US economy. Accordingly this is the steepest fall for the Indian rupee since September 2013. Meanwhile the rupee has been on the down slide since the beginning of this year and has slipped around 9% in 2018. Moreover the ongoing currency turmoil in Turkey has dampened investors' sentiments globally and presently investors are turning to the dollar as a safe haven with Turkey’s currency lira crisis continuing since the last week.
Furthermore yesterday around 11 am, the rupee plunged to Rs 70.08 to a US dollar. However, soon afterwards, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is said to have intervened in the open market to curb the rupee's free fall. Meanwhile the intervention aided the rupee stabilize just a tad below 70 to a USD at 69.98 around 11.05 a.m.
Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg told news agency told "There is nothing to
worry at this stage and the rupee is depreciating due to external factors which
may ease as we go forward”. Further the reports suggest heavy sell-off in
global currencies, including Turkish lira, fuelled demand for
safe-haven assets and caused the rupee to nosedive.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue